Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you folks think of things that we Festiva owners need that I could print out.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do all festivas have the wiring for clocks to be added? I took off the plate where the clock would be expecting wires to be under there but nothing.
    Last edited by jimdigs; 04-26-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I think the wiring has to be added, but I think it's only 4 wires. Ground, constant power, acc power, lights.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

are we talking 3d printing of stuff? can you print with rubber for things like radiator mounts, transmission mount rubber bushings, other stuff you can't buy

Comment

Originally posted by justinhw View Post
          are we talking 3d printing of stuff? can you print with rubber for things like radiator mounts, transmission mount rubber bushings, other stuff you can't buy
          If you want bushings look at this thread for one.
          Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Im also curious about the bushings thing. You mentioned being able to make them, but not how.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The clock bezel is more than just a hole, there is a recess and stuff as well. You would need someone to take measurements and pictures or send you theirs.
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by justinhw View Post
              I can't print with rubber but I can with nylon and they also have filament called ninja flex which is very flexable but I don't know how strong. I could ask around on one of the 3d printer forums to find if there is a compatible filament to use for what you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                The clock bezel is more than just a hole, there is a recess and stuff as well. You would need someone to take measurements and pictures or send you theirs.
                I could however make my own plate. Pick out a cheap but nice clock on ebay and build around that a bezel into the plate I make. A battery operated one that could be easily removed. Maybe held in with velcro? I'm just going to try and print out a plate to see how it goes and looks. If I like it I could by some gray filament to get it to look a little better but I'm sure it will kinda stick out no matter what. And then if people like the look of the thing I could try and print out the bezeled ones if someone would send me one at that time. We shall see.
                Last edited by jimdigs; 04-26-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

If there is a paint that matches the dash pretty close im fairly good a filling, sanding and matching a textured finish. Although by the time you shipped them here, i worked on them and shipped them back it would probly cost the same as the festiva store ones...
                  Nylon sounds cool. I have seen some things printed on 'rubber printers' and the quality is quite poor. Not good enough for use as a bushing. Also not sure what brands of printer or materiels though.
                  For finishing you need either some of that urethane or epoxy thats meant for making printed parts smooth or bodyfiller. Sand that smooth, high build primer and sand. Then texture paint to match, then paint the colour on.

Comment

Are you guys talking about 3D printed bezels like these?

The Festiva Store
                    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post

Cool your already doing it. Nice. What type of printer you got?
                      Last edited by jimdigs; 04-27-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

How about the defrost vents? There trashed even up north. I can't even imagine how bad they are down south with the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
                          Cool your already doing it. Nice. What type of printer you got?
                          It was scanned and then printed in a MakerBot Replicator 2X. It has some bugs and we are working on fixing some of the issues that come with attaching it and the difference in surfacing.
                          The Festiva Store
                          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

It was scanned and then printed in a MakerBot Replicator 2X. It has some bugs and we are working on fixing some of the issues that come with attaching it and the difference in surfacing.
                            Nice. I have a cheap set up scanner using xbox kinect that is not able to scan small items. Well, there ya go folks. I'm still gonna make one for myself just to do it. If you can scan these small things then you should do these other items too. They would be more exact.

Comment

Damn.. and here I am with my Monoprice Mini and a printed out scanner carousel for smart phone.. i would kill for a makerbot.

Get some stuff posted up on thingiverse! Im making a Festiva shift knob right now

Comment

Ha, thats awesome! You havent offered those for sale yet have you?
                                I wish i had the know how to design and model parts for printers since we have so many. But i doubt i could afford the materiel cost and machine time anyway, so ill continue just making the parts look pretty... [emoji14]

Last edited by ryanprins13; 04-27-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X