No announcement yet.

More Tires Available Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 3% helps to correct the speedo... All factory tire sizes are SHORT.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

EDIT.

Simple Tire definitely has more selection on the 155-12s.
      Shipping is a little pricier than Tires-Easy though.
      Tires Easy basically give you that "Business" Shipping rate but to your home.

But holy crap, my tires I ordered last night have delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Woo! Didn't think they'd be here before I was done with the waterpump. :p
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-20-2017, 10:06 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        So it looks like I'm going about 4.8% slower than the speedometer says in Trixie with her 165/55 tires.
        But then actual miles on the engine and transmission is the same.
        I'm just getting better torque transferred to the wheels and less actual miles per gallon.
        Does that mean my gas mileage is getting an almost 5% hit because of the tire size?

Oh wait... I forgot, they are on 14 inch wheels so thats 2.4% slower and a 2.4% hit on gas.
        Last edited by 1990new; 04-21-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Correct

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Got my 4 brand new tires in less than 48hours. Dang that was quick. lol
            Though they did ship from Pennsylvania, so that might explain the speed.

Comment

Correct
              Thanks... I wasn't sure I was doing the calculation correctly.

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
              Got my 4 brand new tires in less than 48hours. Dang that was quick. lol
              Though they did ship from Pennsylvania, so that might explain the speed.
              Did you buy those T Radial Maxtour 145/80R12 74T BSW. I was looking at those and they quoted me a price of $135.63 for 4 of them delivered to my house.
              For 80,000 mile rated tires that is quite a bargain. Would like to know your experience with them after a while. From the specs it says they should be on 4 inch wheels and my alloys are wider that 4". I'm going to rescind my offer to give away my 4 inch steel wheels and might buy some like these instead of the Yokohamas.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                Thanks... I wasn't sure I was doing the calculation correctly.

Did you buy those T Radial Maxtour 145/80R12 74T BSW. I was looking at those and they quoted me a price of $135.63 for 4 of them delivered to my house.
                For 80,000 mile rated tires that is quite a bargain. Would like to know your experience with them after a while. From the specs it says they should be on 4 inch wheels and my alloys are wider that 4". I'm going to rescind my offer to give away my 4 inch steel wheels and might buy some like these instead of the Yokohamas.
                I have 13" wheels, so I ordered the 175-60-13 of the Achilles 122s. Was $171 shipped for those.
                I have run GT Radial Champiros, they are decent tires, but I haven't run the Maxtour ones.

Comment

But moar power!!!!

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                  So it looks like I'm going about 4.8% slower than the speedometer says in Trixie with her 165/55 tires.
                  But then actual miles on the engine and transmission is the same.
                  I'm just getting better torque transferred to the wheels and less actual miles per gallon.
                  Does that mean my gas mileage is getting an almost 5% hit because of the tire size?

Oh wait... I forgot, they are on 14 inch wheels so thats 2.4% slower and a 2.4% hit on gas.
                  Depends how and where you drive. In town shorter tires are better for gas milage if you drive and shift correctly. On the highway with taller tires you have to gear down more and use more throttle on hills but your rpms are less on the flat. So it depends how and where you drive.
                  Once corrected for difference in distance my fuel milage seemed to be the same from 145 to 155 12's on flat ground. Thats a 3% difference in size. I never took the car with 155's through the mountains. Or hills.
                  Find an odometer test area or a good gps to verify that your odometer is 2.5% off.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryan, all you need to do is the math. The speedo is calibrated for a diff speed of 915 rotations per mile. Any tire variation above or below that is what you're looking for. Also, just like most mass production mechanical gauges, accuracy suffers once outside the sweet spot.

Comment

Working...
                    X