No announcement yet.

Yeah, Happy New Year My Ass!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell you - That is a sad statement of today's youth. They have no respect for other's property. I really can't figure it out. The other day some kid (around 8) was getting out of his car and he banged his door against my car - Not once but three times. I told him in front of his mother that he should be more careful. She then tells me "who cares that is an old car". I responded with "good attitude and no wonder your kid is a brat". I got the usual cuss words from her - in front of the kid (classy mom- huh). Something is drastically wrong with people today. I always tell my kid to be careful when getting out of the car and if somebody brought my attention to something he was doing wrong, I would make him apologize. Something is wrong in the world - nobody feels any responsibility for their actions. This is just another example.
    My sincere regrets that this had to happen to you and I will say a prayer for your woman for a quick recovery. Thank God she didn't get hurt worse. Best Wishes for a Happier rest of 2007.

Comment

As I was told by a mother 2 houses down from me when her kid was trying to poke my dog with a stick "Don't you be tellin' me how to raise my kids". Kids get bored and get into trouble. I dont think it is new, just more common. My dad did more stuff in the 60's in West Virginia than I ever did growing up. It sucks that they hit your car but all you can do is move on.
      Currently Festiva-less. Please don't hate me

Comment

Originally posted by Diego
        Kids get bored and get into trouble. I dont think it is new, just more common. My dad did more stuff in the 60's in West Virginia than I ever did growing up. It sucks that they hit your car but all you can do is move on.
        ^^^uh, sorry dude.. NO. If I had that attitude when raising my kids they would have seen trouble in their lives.. My boys have never been in trouble with the law, they can sometimes do stupid things, but have respect for other peoples property. They aren't allowed to roam the streets.. If they get bored, they have computers and a garage if for some reason they get bored enough to work on a Festiva.. I have one here (Travis) that turned 20 today.. he would never have poked a dog with a stick for fear that I would whoop his ass. So No, the kids will be kids crap doesn't float with me. And most anyone that frequents this board knows that I am not a forget and move on kind of person. Parents need to stop being lazy raising their kids, and if I can prove who did it and if they are under age, their parents will be sued for damages..

2 big reasons keep me from just letting this go.

1. People need to take responsibility for their actions, including parents that are too lazy or wimpy to dicipline their kids.

2. Where does it end? If you let people walk all over you and do nothing, you deserve everything you get.

Comment

Hey Dj, how's Inga doing?
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

We shouldn't call her inga, she should be INGA the Mrtyer (marter?) how ever you spell it. I hope she is doing okay, and yeah I would never do anything like get bored and go shoot bottle rockets at cars, I was raised to respect people's property and to know the worth of a dollar. My father made sure I new what good behavior was, my butt still hurts because I was a slow learner.

Comment

Not bad except when she's asleep.. bumped it etc.. so she hasn't really had any good sleep.. Dude you don't realize how I will have to pay for this.

Comment

I totally agree with DJ. Parents need to take more responsibility when it comes to RAISING their kids. No way you let this go or it will never stop until something really bad happens.
                Royce....if that would have happened to me...no matter what my car looked like....the police would have been there and a body shop would have been the next stop.
                I have people all the time telling me to just let it go....but you can only take so much.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                  2 big reasons keep me from just letting this go.

1. People need to take responsibility for their actions, including parents that are too lazy or wimpy to dicipline their kids.

2. Where does it end? If you let people walk all over you and do nothing, you deserve everything you get.
                  I agree 110% with DJ.
                  My kids have paid for all their cars and mods , and have respect for their cars and others around them .

Take responsibility for your actions .

The reason why so many kids roam the streets , no parent supervision, and they all get into trouble eventually , I see it all the time .
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Sorry to hear, hope Inga is alright and if I had any extra cosmetic pieces lying around I'd donate them to the cause.. -Kyle
                    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Hell I have all the parts.. Thank God it wasn't Techno.. which was sitting 2' directly ahead of it.

Comment

i totally agree with Dj and packrat427 (Doug, i think) when i was growing if i did something wrong, i got a wooden spoon accross the a** it hurt like hell but i learned, and as packrat said, i paid for my cars and the mods, my parents never handed me anything for as far as that goes, and i have a lot of respect for my cars and everyone else's even if someone pisses me off, i still won't go after there cars to get back at them

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
                          even if someone pisses me off, i still won't go after there cars to get back at them
                          I agree here.
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i agree with the kids now a days how they act, my parents made me buy my cars, the gremlin was my first, got it for 750, he made me do 99% of the work, he helped me wiring a stereo and drilling the exhaust flange bolts to replace the donut gasket, but the rest i did my self, and paid for all of it. i think my parents paid for 2-3 parts but thats because they were out and i had no transportation, but i paid them for it.

if i hit a car with my door, i will leave a note saying im sorry that i hit their car but i havnt had to do that yet, im very pickey about my car, sure other people think its a piece of s*** but its mine and paid for and i have pride in it, if they do somthin to my car i will kick their butt, the cops around here wont do anything so we gotta do it ourselves,

and when i was little my dad let me tear an old lawn mower apart that didnt run, all he said was that i better put it back together like it was, i was 5-6 at the time, and when i put it back together, it was running, as a matter of fact its in the backyard, needs to be rebuilt the right way but its still going.

and if i did somthing to someone elses stuff, which the only thing i have done is hit my neighbors house with paintballs because they are lying to the cops when their son spit on my car, so i figured if hes doin that to my car and since paintballs arnt vandelisim why not, but mom and dad agreed with me on that one, but thats the only thing ive done.

but if i went around egging cars or somthin dad would make me go over there, appoligize, AND make me clean it up. when i was growing up i did get spanked and im glad my parents did it, i look at kids today and no telling where id be if they didnt. but where the govt went wrong is when they took spanking away from parents.

sorry for the long post, i have to agree with this that kids and some parents today have no respect for property these days

o and to roycehof, i would have swung my door open hard, then said "oops, ur car is a piece of crap anyways", and drove off,
                            sometimes thats what you gotta do to get the message across to some stupid people
                            2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                            1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                            1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                            http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Warlocke,
                              Don't think it didn't take everything in me to behave. Sometimes you have to consider the source and realize there are some people who you just can't help. I believed, after hearing her cuss in front of her (approximately) 8 year old, she was a lost cause and not worth me wasting anymore of my time and effort on. I left feeling really sad for her son - poor kid - He doesn't deserve a mother like that. I swear you should have to pass a "parent" test before you are allowed to have children. (I'm sure she wouldn't be the only one not allowed to breed if they did require a test - as you can see from what the kids did xpnsyd's car)
                              BTW, what does "xpnsyd" stand for?

Comment

That's Techno's plate... XP Inside.. PC OS Reference..

Comment

Working...
                                X