Yeah, Happy New Year My Ass!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diego
    Kids get bored and get into trouble. I dont think it is new, just more common. My dad did more stuff in the 60's in West Virginia than I ever did growing up. It sucks that they hit your car but all you can do is move on.
    We probably did more stuff, but then again the word playdate was reserved for Hugh Heffner and our parents didn't schedule all our waking hours. We had more free time to roam the streets but were taught responsibility for our actions. Consequence was either an ass whopping, repair damage done or an allowance withdrawal to pay for the repairs, all with the mandatory stern lecture.

I believe my parents did a good job raising me, so their methods must have been excellent, which I am passing down to the next generation.
    I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

I want a play date :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMom
        We probably did more stuff, but then again the word playdate was reserved for Hugh Heffner and our parents didn't schedule all our waking hours. We had more free time to roam the streets but were taught responsibility for our actions. Consequence was either an ass whopping, repair damage done or an allowance withdrawal to pay for the repairs, all with the mandatory stern lecture.

I believe my parents did a good job raising me, so their methods must have been excellent, which I am passing down to the next generation.
        Don't forget the always available and dreaded.. grounding or restriction..

It's a very useful tool..

Comment

boy i was always afraid when my father came at me with a belt for an ass whooping. i read somewhere that a father accused of abusing his child when in fact the neighbors saw him disiplining his child when the child did something wrong.

Comment

i remember in jr high me and another guy had a fight so the principal called us in his office and asked us for our luck numbers. being a smart ass i said 13 and the other person i was fighting with picked a low number. then the principal went into his closet and pulled out a big wooden paddle with big holes drilled in it so it will pass through the with less restiction and gave it to us. after that day me and the other guy did not fight anymore.

Comment

Those holes make nice welts , I have one hanging in the garage I made in 8 th grade wood working class . I never used it on my kids , I think the look of it just worked fine .
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

yeah, had one as well, never had to use it..

Comment

I got the belt a few times as a kid (not as much as I desrved it), but I was never injured or bruised. I was disciplined, effectively, not abused. I am a better person for it.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Damn DJ... You've just got no luck!

Hope you find the bastards that did it.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Aarrrrgghhhh!! What a waste of time and effort for you ; man, am I sorry you had to experience that! I know the farm kids around here have fireworks fun but they figured out what not to shoot them into. These dumbasses are likely sitting in jail or in the ER after hitting somebody else's rides. Unbelieveable!!

Comment

This pissed me off more than the car..

It's been 8 days since it happened.

Inga's definitely been a trooper about this.

Comment

Oh my...I hope that she is not in too much pain....sorry to see that happen to the good people.
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Wow , sorry that had to happen Inga , That makes revenge factor multiply even more .
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Tell her best wishes
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

She's definatly a keeper if she put herself at risk for the cars! I hope she heals quickly!
                                Brian
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                                X