Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah same here...

Comment

I got a new/used ignition wire loom from a doner and will put in this weekend.

Comment

i have the same issue and the solution for me is repair the harness wire that comes from the sensor to the light.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

So yesterday I got into my festiva went to start it and the battery was dead so I drove to advance auto and picked up a new battery when I got home I hooked it up and the car turned right over. The oil didn't seem to be on any longer so I was ecstatic and I decided to let it idle for a bit and see if it comes back. I returned to the car and still no sign of the oil light so I turned the car off and went inside. Later at night after sundown I got in the car to move it back into the garage and now I noticed the oil light is back on. I am thinking it was on the whole time but possibly it was just to light out to see it during the day time. Either way it is noticabley dimmer now than before.

Comment

Originally posted by DuritzCrows17
            Either way it is noticabley dimmer now than before.
            Have you tried a new sensor?

Comment

Sounds like you have an intermittent ground in your wire from the oil pressure sensor to the light. Trace the Yellow with Red stripe wire from the sensor to the connector C101 at the" harness at the left of engine compartment, near Battery"(from the festiva EVTM shop manual). You probably have a worn spot in the wire insulation.
              1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
              2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Ok so I installed an oil pressure gauge and the stock oil pressure light on a brass tee and when I turned on the car the light wasnt on and the engine was idling at about 15 psi of oil pressure. I give it a little gas and the light lights up and it gets brighter the farther in I push the gas pedal and the oil psi raised to about 40. I let it idle and the light stayed lit and the oil psi went down to about 25 when I finally turned the car off.

Comment

Have you tried a different sensor yet???
                  1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
                  2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

No because I hooked up an oil light. all the stock sensor does is 1. warn you that your oil pressure is low or 2. break and scare you.

Comment

Since you have oil pressure disconnect the light.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

first, the ground for the sensor is through the engine block, second, it's a harness issue (i promise) take a new wire and connect it to the sensor and then run through the firewall and splice it into the main harness as close to the cluster as you can. the light will go out.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I am gonna try that out festy boy, I just need to find a new connecter for the sender.

Comment

Working...
                          X