Front End Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
    I is important that a film of moly grease be put on the nose piece when fitting the T.O. bearing.
    I have a tube just for this and my cv shafts. Bought it 11yrs ago and its still 4/5ths full!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back! Sure enough, I took the thing around in circles, and sure enough, the driver's outer CV joint was clicking. Thank you guys for your help. I made my road trips just fine (though the transmission arm for my wiper arm broke, and I had to fix it in the rain), and the car is still driving the same. I'm going to get on the balljoints as soon as I can, after hearing the horror stories in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustman985 View Post
        Sorry it took so long to get back! Sure enough, I took the thing around in circles, and sure enough, the driver's outer CV joint was clicking. Thank you guys for your help. I made my road trips just fine (though the transmission arm for my wiper arm broke, and I had to fix it in the rain), and the car is still driving the same. I'm going to get on the balljoints as soon as I can, after hearing the horror stories in the thread.
        Great! Hope your cv shaft comes out easy when you go to replace it. May as well do the control arm/ball joint at the same time. Most here like the moog brand of balljoint the best. They cost a bit more but i have had bad luck with cheaper ones only lasting 20k miles before being ready to fall apart. I have gone more than that on these moogs and they still look brand new

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
          Great! Hope your cv shaft comes out easy when you go to replace it. May as well do the control arm/ball joint at the same time. Most here like the moog brand of balljoint the best. They cost a bit more but i have had bad luck with cheaper ones only lasting 20k miles before being ready to fall apart. I have gone more than that on these moogs and they still look brand new

I'll be sure to try them. We only ever used MOOG suspension parts in the shop, so I have faith in them. The best mechanics I know stand behind them.

Comment

Working...
          X