Project: Get my car Driving Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think We Got It.

Yes I cleaned all the parts (wires/ rotor/cap, where spark plugs go in) and started it up and sounds like it did when i first got it. Reversed and drove in 1st in garage and no dieing out.

Truck is blocking driveway so have to wait till later but this could be it.

Comment

Hot dog!
      Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

No man burning crispy dog, I drove it and wow( no bs) it feels quicker. Drives well to.

You know when you let the cluttch out, it dies, but now it just idkes slowly then dies, meaning it must be getting better spark? should have been a clue?

Now i have to figure out the whistling sound, funnny thing is that it matches the car haha.
        Could be the air filter because its bigger then stock because napa didnt have the stock air filter well, in stock. Saying the diamter on the inside is the only thing that matters.

Comment

I'm glad we could help you out. Let us know if it stays drivable.
          89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Yes, i will be at my exs house for a few days ( but still on here :p) so wnt drive it far till sunday.

* Bows down to everyone that helped*

Once again, thanks guys and i wont break my donation promise either :p

Comment

So go out and buy a new cap rotor and wires and you'll be set for a while. I usually buy a new cap and rotor at the 1st signs of a miss.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
              BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
              BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
              New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

^^ What he said^^ Those wires looked a little spent. And the cap looked bad enough to just go ahead and replace it. Once you do that you'll be even more surprised at its pickup. While youre at it splurge a little and get a valve cover gasket also.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
                  LOL i love this guy, very cocky but got stuff to back it up. wish you were near me so we could go a few rounds :p
                  I wouldnt want to bruise your knuckles with my face.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                  X