No announcement yet.

Help me please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have checked the oil drain back holes. They are not clogged. Everything seems on par.
    Product of 2 red blooded blue collared lovers.

89' L

Comment

Originally posted by sixthirtytwo View Post
      You are the man!! It is one continuous plate/gasket. The first place I went when i ordered it, said it came as 2 pieces, but when I opened it at the store it was the main vc gasket and all the little grommets for the bolts. Not the inside gasket. If you can find it I can paypal you or figure something out. I am greatly appreciative of the help so far. Thank you.
      I'm not the man yet, but I may be on Monday. Went to a nearby Carquest distribution center/parts place, and spent a fair amount of time looking through parts books with a girl in there who keeps trying to by my Festiva. We think we found a parts number for a "kit" that contains both gaskets. She just has to check and see if they can still even get that part number anymore. Unfortunately, they were closing about the time we finally tracked down the part number, so she's going to do what she's got to do on Monday, and I'll be stopping by after work. Fingers crossed.

Don't know if the price is still accurate or not, but they were listed at 21.99 with both gaskets and grommets for the VC gasket.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Okay, don't know if you, or anyone else needs this, but I've gotten confirmation that through Carquest, the part number for the VC gasket/underside gasket with grommets is GSK VS50037. List price in VA is 27.50 tax included. If you have a local Carquest store, go in with this part number and if they don't have it, they can order it. If they tell you they can't order it, let me know and I'll grab one for you. My local Carquest currently has 9 in stock. Guess I need to give my parts girl a big thank you, she ordered all she could get her hands on. Let me know if you want to try it local, or if you want me to grab one and send it your way.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
        X