Question about key(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Hahahaha! I hear ya! Yup, I have some pretty good sized meat hooks too

You have to feel around a little and sometimes a mirror helps. I've heard someone say they got the numbers without pulling the cylinder simply by using a mirror to see them but I can't verify this.
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

The hatch lock would be the easiest to get at. Does it have to be the passenger one?
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

^^ Yup, that's the only cylinder with the number stamped on it from what I've seen.

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by hermit View Post
          i got lucky at the JY, grabbed 4 keys from 4 different festies, got home and 3 of the 4 opened all locks/doors and started the car, 4th one didnt work for anything. saved me a trip to the locksmith =P
          Lucky? As in didnt pay for them?
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this before 4thstiva. I could have brought my key box and we could have tried them to see if any fit.
            1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
            1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
            Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
            website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

It's all good Barb! I had a set cut from the code a while back and I still crank it with the screwdriver LOL I know I should put a switch in it, but it's just so darn easy that way

Plus the new cut keys give me the option of locking the doors now so I don't worry about the ignition so much.

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

OR, if anyone has lock serial number 6563 id appreciate a copy of your keys
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I found a locksmith with a store front in Cedar Hill. Took it to them today.
                  $17 for a key. Works great.
                  So happy I can finally lock my car now. I always have a subwoofer and toolbox in the back and it makes me nervous to leave it sitting at a parking lot or friends house for extended periods of time.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Awesome! That's WAY better than the first price you were quoted :mrgreen:

Glad to hear you got hooked up! :thumbright:

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                    X