Blinkers dont flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnypin View Post
    Thank you. Thats what i thought but wanted to make sure before i tore into the dash.
    You dont need to tear up the dash to get at that module. Its within reach from underneath.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      A bit off topic, don't you think??

if it is the flasher module and i get to it. does anyone know how much it is to replace?

Just checked Advance Auto's website. Somewhere between 10 and 12 bucks.
      Haha, the OP also threw a wheel bearing question in there a few posts back
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^ Yeah, just went back and noticed that. :roll:
        As to the OPs question about not having the spacer in place being a problem, the answer is yes, it will be a problem. The lifespan of your bearings will be greatly reduced, because they will not stay where they are supposed to stay. If that makes sense.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Ok. I called who helped me do the wheel bearing because he ended up doing most of the work. I myself dont remember putting that back in there.

Comment

Any more detail on where it is? Where is it located if I can get to it from underneath. Could you possibly post a picture where it is at. My friend from Napa priced out a new flasher for me already for $12.00. Getting it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
              There is a Flasher Module located behind the Fuse Panel under the dash. It is not uncommon for them to go bad.
              Once you pick the part up and know what it looks like, I'm sure you'll be able to locate it where MONSOON has described
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I will try to see if that works. Dont know if we got the right part ordered in.

Comment

Found the Flasher. The one I ordered in turned out to be the wrong one but I replugged in the oridinal one and it started working again. Bad connection i guess. Got the right one being ordered in as a back up. Thanks for the help.

Comment

xxx
                    Last edited by WmWatt; 01-17-2010, 05:39 PM.
                    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

???

Comment

xxx - means I can't see how to delete message. all I can do is erase content. requires at least one character to post.
                        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                        X