No announcement yet.

Can't remove Ball Joint from Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, you'll notice that that's where it's most exposed to road salt, etc. Plus, the junction between hard line and hose often is corroded. You may have to replace the hose as well if you can't separate the two properly.

Again, check all hard line areas for corrosion.

Are you planning any engine/transaxle removal anytime soon? That would be a good time to replace all hard lines because they'll be easier to get to.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

The Aspire and Festiva are two projects that are up in the air. There is a headgasket or worse problem with the engine that is in there now (oil in coolant, no coolant in oil.) I have a B6 and BP sitting in the garage, as well as the B3 in the Aspire that is good. Should I just replace that one line to get it on the road and possibly replace the others when I swap engines?
      Last edited by codex; 05-28-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I can't help but think how lucky I am that the brake line broke at home. I was ready to drive it to OSX with the bum LCA and unknown brake line.

Comment

Yeah thats the hard line for sure. Glad I dont have to deal with rust issues like that here. Good luck with it and dont try to limp that car anywhere.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

wow i saw the pic that line is bad wowzers makes me wanna replace mine now might as well take a look at the cables to your emergency brake as well u never know
            FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Working...
            X