Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ can i delete it completley?

Comment

ummm no, you're cold start will be horrible and it may not want to start under 40*f
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

this is getting lamer and lamer by the second.. i think i gotta pick up a new head/intake manifold .. ughhh what a pain.

Comment

try lowering the idle from the throttle body.
          :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

like i said, search for vac leaks first

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

^^ had my entire intake mani covered in brake fluid, no luck.

Comment

i hope you ment brake clean, and not brake fluid as the latter would just be bad.

you might want to also trace all vac lines to their destination and vac test them as well, as any leak can cause high idle. AND also spray around the booster on both sides of the fire wall, a bad seal there can cause a HUGE vac leak.
                Last edited by FestYboy; 09-12-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

^^ hahahahaa yah i meant brake clean thats my bad

and i will give that a shot, thanks very much!!

Comment

GAHHHHHHH IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST FEELING EVER FINALLY GOT I TO WORK WITHOUT ANY ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!

HLA's were out to lunch... somehow causing the valves to float and be sticky which caused the high idle and tick

removed the HLA"S from my old car, works perfectly now, and pulls like a mother trucker vids up next in my garage bulid thread

thanks everyone for the help, it was just a matter of fixing one thing that fixed everything

Comment

Working...
                    X