No announcement yet.

Repair help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't check this stuff because my parents are being stupid. They wont let me use there tools and equipment. So it will be a little while longer before I can get you answers. But I do know that it does run better in the cold before the engine is warmed up if that helps anything.

Comment

I'm betting crank position sensor. I'll bet once it gets warm, it goes flaky.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Prowerstroke.com

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        holy crap.....how many of these are messed up on our vehicles (if so equipped) that we had no idea about......sheeeeesh!
        This is on the DIESEL motors! Has nothing to do with us.drool

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
          I'm betting crank position sensor. I'll bet once it gets warm, it goes flaky.
          Sounds worth checking. But idk how to get to it. Anyone have knowledge they can share?

Comment

Search function!
            We have a search area and you will find what you are looking for there.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
              Sounds worth checking. But idk how to get to it. Anyone have knowledge they can share?
              It's part of the distributor and is actually a camshaft position sensor on Festivas. It's not replaceable (as far as I know). If you have a known good distributor, try it. Otherwise you'll need a new distributor.

I'd try everything else first though. My diagnosis is just an educated guess from working on other cars.
              Last edited by JPT; 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                Search function!
                We have a search area and you will find what you are looking for there.
                What is a search area?

Comment

Comment

go to the first blue bar that spans the entire length of the screen you will see the word "search"..... all other instructions are self explanatory past this minor step...
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                    Projects in the works:
                    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Best guess

My best guess is that you have a crank position sensor (in the distributor)that has gone bad. What happens is that when it gets warm/hot from eng heat, it stops sending signal to the pcm that the eng is still turning. Not a servicable part, must replace distributor.
                      186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
                      1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
                      1992 aqua L (agua)
                      1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Originally posted by hot4dl8ly View Post
                        My best guess is that you have a crank position sensor (in the distributor)that has gone bad. What happens is that when it gets warm/hot from eng heat, it stops sending signal to the pcm that the eng is still turning. Not a servicable part, must replace distributor.
                        Any idea were I can find a distributor?

Comment

Ya know I offered to help you the first time you posted. You blew me off. I live in Rapid City, and have parts.
                          Chuck
                          Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                          If money will fix it, it's not broken
                          91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                          93 GL - Lil Red
                          91 L - Tweetystiva
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Alright, I finally got some progress after all this time, I have not yet been able to check the camshaft possition sensor itself yet but i do know that the Throttle possition sensor at the very top of the engine can be disconected without any problems to the engine, which throws my mind out. I alwasyse thought an engine would not run without it being plugged in. my current plans are to get the fuel pump taken in and checked and change the brakes.thanks again for All the assistance

And hotfordcat please pm me for assistance, thanks

Comment

I found out today that the thermostat does work, It stopped working awhile back, so I put a new one in and it seemed not to work. but today it worked and I found out that when its in neutral and you push on the gas, rev it up (it sounds great) the thermostat rises by a jump, but then it goes down when the gas is released.

Comment

Working...
                              X