No announcement yet.

Radiator fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two lines come out of the transmission that usually hook up to the radiator with rubber hoses. Theyre located directly under the stock radiator.

The only difference with the universal cooler is that you'll have to find a place to mount it (easy) and run the hoses to those transmission lines.

I would mount the auxiliary cooler in front of the new radiator so the fan pulls air past it.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
      If you ever need a hand I'm pretty close
      Or parts or anything. (unfortunately no radiator for you though)
      Do you go to AU? Thanks for the offer, I just might take you up on the help part
      Beastiva - 89 L Auto

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
        Two lines come out of the transmission that usually hook up to the radiator with rubber hoses. Theyre located directly under the stock radiator.

The only difference with the universal cooler is that you'll have to find a place to mount it (easy) and run the hoses to those transmission lines.

I would mount the auxiliary cooler in front of the new radiator so the fan pulls air past it.
        Just because everyone has a different opinion of where front is

Do you mean between the radiator and grill or between the radiator and fan?
        Beastiva - 89 L Auto

Comment

Originally posted by fooddaman View Post
          Do you go to AU? Thanks for the offer, I just might take you up on the help part
          Yes sir I'm at AU. I'll be living here over the summer also so I'll have my tools and what not.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by fooddaman View Post
            Do you mean between the radiator and grill or between the radiator and fan?
            Between the radiator and grille.

The fan will pull the air through the trans cooler first, then the radiator and then blow it into the engine compartment.
            -Zack

Comment

Thanks. I was at work earlier and couldn't picture the space under the hood. I took a look once I got home and saw that there is no room to add it between the radiator and fan

So will the speedometer cable from a 90 manual trans work on a 89 auto trans?

I appreciate all of the help, this is a great forum!
              Beastiva - 89 L Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                If you ever need a hand I'm pretty close
                Or parts or anything. (unfortunately no radiator for you though)
                Come on Charlie, you know you want to get rid of your all-metal auto radiator
                Oscar

Comment

What did Charlie's rad come out of, Oscar? I'm pretty sure my stock, dual core ATX rad has a plastic top and bottom.
                  -Zack

Comment

Came off a Festiva with automatic transmission. Could be aftermarket.
                    Oscar

Comment

Working...
                    X