No announcement yet.

stupid problem with festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check spark by putting a screw driver in each plug wire (one at a time) and setting it next (about an 1/8 inch away from something metal (ground) and have someone crank the engine.
    Ford Fester

Comment

already did that and im serious now if someone doesnt buy this car from em im taking it to the scrap yard and crushing it im done messing with it u can call me at 803-389-5078 names brian

Comment

wow, you're such a wuss!!! you don't have spark because you don't have spark CONTROL.

you have one of 3 issues:
        1) the most common problem is oil contamination in the dizzy pick up sensor. solution is to hose down the inside of the dizzy with brake clean and let dry.
        2) you have a bad ignition modual in the dizzy
        3) you ahve a bad pickup in the dizzy

also check the ground contact at the little black sensor right next to the coil, it can cause super weak spark and no start conditions.

and if you REALLY want to sell it, i'll give you 300 for it.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

does a B6 disty have the same type of rotor as a Festy....3 positions....only 1 works?
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

yeah it does IIRC but you'd still have spark, just at the wrong time.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Quitter. Imagine if the pioneers in festy engines swaps gave up that easy.
              91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

I'll give you $300 and I can pick it up tomorrow. I'm in NC
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Give it a good home. Barmy army!
                  Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                    I'll give you $300 and I can pick it up tomorrow. I'm in NC
                    i called dibs first! lol

Comment

Hehehe I'm closer LOL :p

I don't car who gets it...I just don't think it needs to get crushed :???:

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by 93festiva1 View Post
                        im so done with this car guys im sorry but im getting a mustang tomarrow so if someone wants to buy this car make me a nice offer it ran dame good before this has the b6 in it
                        I hope you don't give up on the Mustang this quickly if something goes wrong. Most car problems are pretty simple to figure out, but you need some patience!
                        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                        Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                          Hehehe I'm closer LOL :p

I don't car who gets it...I just don't think it needs to get crushed :???:
                          i'm with you on this one! maybe you could hold it till madness??? lol

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            i'm with you on this one! maybe you could hold it till madness??? lol
                            If all goes as planned I may be living in NJ by the time madness comes around

Originally posted by 93festiva1 View Post
                            anyone want to buy this car
                            Offer still open :mrgreen:

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

ill trade you this like new yamaha scooter for it! gets 80 mpg & runs great only 500 original miles. 2000 model title coming soon but you can ride it as a moped as long as you dont drive it over 35mph (in n.c.) easily worth 1200.00
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                                wow, you're such a wuss!!! you don't have spark because you don't have spark CONTROL.

you have one of 3 issues:
                                1) the most common problem is oil contamination in the dizzy pick up sensor. solution is to hose down the inside of the dizzy with brake clean and let dry.
                                2) you have a bad ignition modual in the dizzy
                                3) you ahve a bad pickup in the dizzy

also check the ground contact at the little black sensor right next to the coil, it can cause super weak spark and no start conditions.

and if you REALLY want to sell it, i'll give you 300 for it.

the icm is on the outside of the car i replaced that the dizzy is all nasty on the inside not from oil thou im thinking its the dizzy that is the problem im going to try and find one sooner or later

Comment

Working...
                                X