No announcement yet.

Help me get it started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I'll hotwire the ignition first, then. I figured it would crank without it...
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Pull out a spark plug, attach it to the wire, and place it close to a good ground, say, the block? less than an inch away. Avoid bright light at first, then with the key fully in the "on" position, crank the engine over with the push button. Watch the plug to spark to the block, while holding a finger close to where the plug came out of the cylinder head. You should get a wet finger from the fuel spurting out and see spark from the plug. A lack of either will help narrow down the next step....
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I'm guna take a wild guess here and say you have a switch hooked up to crank the engine but you have nothing hooked up for power to the ecu,injectors,disty etc.

Comment

:facepalm: -> me

I never thought of that, lol. I'll connect those asap...
          Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed

1993 rustless wonder

Comment

Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
              I am cranking it with a button. There's no ignition switch, lol. New timing belt on it, too. Just added gas. Filter is clogged, but I have a new one for it I'll be adding asap.
              Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
              Then it wouldn't crank. Its between +12v on the battery and the positive side of the starter solenoid.
              It was a joke- Try the "EASY" button next.
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post

Comment

Turns out they were already getting power. Now I got it started with the button and it ran a little bit, but the idle was too low, and I had to rev it to keep it going. It was turned off, gas was added, and then it refused to ever start again. How do I set the idle (Pics PLEASE) and what do you think the issue is now?

Edit- It has a new fuel filter now, too.
                  Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed

1993 rustless wonder

Comment

New filter could be plugged again. If you can, run pressure through it backwards into some container to clean it out. Works with new filters, not so much with old.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                      Pull out a spark plug, attach it to the wire, and place it close to a good ground, say, the block? less than an inch away. Avoid bright light at first, then with the key fully in the "on" position, crank the engine over with the push button. Watch the plug to spark to the block, while holding a finger close to where the plug came out of the cylinder head. You should get a wet finger from the fuel spurting out and see spark from the plug. A lack of either will help narrow down the next step....
                      Yeah, that.

Comment

Also, what does the oil look like? And the radiator fluid?

Comment

Some days I am a moron. I really mis read his last comment.

Comment

I would first listen for the fuel pump. Check to see if the inertia button has popped.... If it did reset . If all else fails check for power at your EFI main relay ( yellow 5 pin plug) Probe the yellow/blue wire to see if you have 12v as it controls fuel and spark and without that you have nothing...

Comment

Yank the fuel line and make sure you have good fuel pressure. If you have good fuel, spark and timing is right there shouldn't be a reason for it to not start back up. Like stated above check the EFI relay, also check the EFI fuse in the fuse box. Not sure if its labelled EFI or just ENGINE.
                              Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 05-31-2011, 04:08 AM.
                              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Working...
                              X