No announcement yet.

Idle/Timing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new injectors are installed.. now, the car will start and idle at 11.8 on the wideband
    but when i give it any throttle, it dies out.

so i had my dad hold the door open on the VAF and when that was done, the throttle could be pushed and the car would run nicely. (previously i have adujusted the spring tension in vaf two clicks to the right making the spring tighter?)

does this sound like a bad VAF now?
    -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
    -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

car idled great for about ten minutes today with VAF rigged up to hold door open. engine got to operating temp and idle was smooth, everything looked great.

i shut the car off to let it cool off and start to work on it, and now i can't get it to fire again. i think a big issue is with my main fuseable link, it smokes SOMETIMES. gonna check my grounds and see if anything is goin wrong.

anybody have input on my VAF situation?

Comment

i have no idea wtf i have done wrong with this swap. I've been working on it for a year and 7 months. a b6t swap should not take this long. anybody that has experience with b6t swaps near wichita, ks? i need some experienced help please

Comment

I wished I could help. I pulled my entire harness trying to find why mine wouldn't start. Found a crossed wire in the cab after I redid my inside wires but the car ran after I changed them somehow and then just stopped. I still work on my car three years after it was swapped mostly because it wasnt done right the first time. Slowly but surely I will have replaced everything and do it right. You may need to take a few steps back and try looking into anything that could be causing your issue. Check your grounds. Use what works, it sounds like you have a faulty wire. I'm not sure how you wired it but if it's smoking at the main fuse you have a wire connection wrong or it may even be just a faulty connector. If you have questions about anything on the car post pics with questions. I can compare notes.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

thanks alot! if it comes down to it i will go through everything on that car, new vaf on the way! we'll see what happens

Comment

got a new vaf today, still not fixed.. car will start nicely and will run for maybe 5 seconds before it starts to sputter and die out. ive tried severaly different positions with the distributor and same outcome every time. i have no idea what to troubleshoot, it seems ive gone through everything. does this issue sound IAC related? also, is the IAC adjustable?

Comment

Originally posted by festivBS View Post
                got a new vaf today, still not fixed.. car will start nicely and will run for maybe 5 seconds before it starts to sputter and die out. ive tried severaly different positions with the distributor and same outcome every time. i have no idea what to troubleshoot, it seems ive gone through everything. does this issue sound IAC related? also, is the IAC adjustable?
                Will it run if you keep it @ 1/2 throttle?
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

no, and i can only give it gas if i hold the door open on the vaf other wise it dies the second i give it throttle

Comment

new plan; remove, inspect, adjust, and re-attach the wiring harness under the hood and also check all grounds. college is consuming my life along with work, so the festy isnt getting much attention anymore cuz idk whats wrong with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X