Coolant quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant quantity

Hey guys just need to find out how much coolant a '93 GL holds.
    1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Pour it in till its full.....lol....sorry, couldn't resist.

I am sure someone will come up with an answer for you soon. I would look but I am not sure where my manual is right now.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

5/8 gallon of full strength anti freeze and the rest water or about 1.25 gallons of 50/50 premix.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Haynes manual:
        5.3 qt, 5.0 litre - '93 and earlier
        5.8 qt, 5.5 litre - '94 and later
        6.3 qt, 6.0 litre - '94 and later with A/C
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

thats just wanted to know how much anti freeze i needed to buy today. I have a water pump sounding awful.
          1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

Originally posted by crusher773 View Post
            thats just wanted to know how much anti freeze i needed to buy today. I have a water pump sounding awful.
            If your water pump is leaking coolant out the weep hole at the top, I wouldn't even bother getting anti-freeze until you replace the pump. Just use distilled water at $1/gallon.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by crusher773 View Post
              I have a water pump sounding awful.
              If it's making noise then I'd say it's living on borrowed time and probably a good idea to go ahead and replace it. If your luck is like mine it will go out on you when you're the furthest point away from home, tools, garage, etc LOL
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

any secrets on getting the drive axel oil seal out?

Comment

Working...
                X