No announcement yet.

Rear Wheel Spacers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monroe struts are about $50, apiece. Do I need spring compresser to change springs from 1 to the other?
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
      Monroe struts are about $50, apiece. Do I need spring compresser to change springs from 1 to the other?
      Nope, not on the rears.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks Tom for all the help. I crawled under & measured everything today. I would need 2" spacers & that would make tires hit the fender. So... Wed. I'll get new struts. Wish me luck!!!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
          Thanks Tom for all the help. I crawled under & measured everything today. I would need 2" spacers & that would make tires hit the fender. So... Wed. I'll get new struts. Wish me luck!!!
          Good luck!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I run that size for my winters. 1/4" spacers worked for me. I am also running the 323. You have done the lug conv. , but for Rhodes who haven't some lug bolts from a E30 generation BMW work good. I run the spacer on my summers just so I can get the center cap over the bearing dust shield.
            Last edited by leapin; 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM.

-Scott
            Aqua 93 L
            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Okay leapin, let me get this right. You have Mazda 323 wheels with 175/70-13 tires & you use 1/4" spacers! And they work, no rubbin'?? I keep getting conflicting stories, one says 2"(55mm) , and one says 1/4". To me & my sloppy measurein' 2" looks right. Am I wrong? Aspire Monroe struts WOULD solve the problem, with no spacers, correct?:help:
              Last edited by navdoc101; 06-14-2011, 09:27 AM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I ran my car with the Mazda alloys and had to go with 1/4" spacers with 185-60-13's. Never tried with the tire size you're using. I'm currently running the 175-60-13's on Aspire steel wheels and Festiva shocks with no rubbing issues.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

im running 3 3/16 spacers in the rear and i have been for almost 2 years now with no issue. im running 215/50/13's fro tires
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

If you used spacers, remember that you've got a very high profile tire. Tire sway may still make the tire hit the strut even with the spacers there. The Monroe struts are definitely your best bet. They have a high lower perch.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Aspire Monroe struts it is.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                      X