No announcement yet.

Bp swap overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well glad it is running okay. So do you think it was either a clogged radiator or possibly the radiator cap being buggered caused a problem with flow somehow?

Comment

a bad cap won't allow pressure to build to keep system from boiling (remember that for every 1lb of pressure, your boil point raises 3*). so as soon as the enging reached temp, it boiled internaly, which causes air pockets, which makes thing worse and the engine overheats.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
        Well glad it is running okay. So do you think it was either a clogged radiator or possibly the radiator cap being buggered caused a problem with flow somehow?
        I made sure the radiator wasn't clogged when I drained it so I think the cap had something to do with it
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          a bad cap won't allow pressure to build to keep system from boiling (remember that for every 1lb of pressure, your boil point raises 3*). so as soon as the enging reached temp, it boiled internaly, which causes air pockets, which makes thing worse and the engine overheats.
          You beat me to it Arty! I'm thinking that was the problem because the cap was in rough shape
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
          X