No announcement yet.

Loose radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info - I will keep that in mind for the next repair!
    While I was cleaning out the coolant reservoir, I noticed a broken wire - you can actually see it in the first photograph in the upper left-hand corner, coming off the white connector. It goes to a small black cube attached just beyond the distributor - looks like a sensor - can someone tell me what it is?

Comment

Picture of small black cube (sensor?)

Comment

ignition noise suppressor (capacitor). Not vital, but should be reconnected.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Thanks! I've spliced it back together using electrical tape, but the insulation is brittle and cracked in other places - its going to break again - I will look for a replacement.

Comment

Glad you signed up 'Noker!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I just wanted to update this thread. I replaced this rad, and both lower trans mount a long time ago. Also did a valve cover and full tuneup. 'Noker's wife is DDing this puppy, covered the hatch in Zombie magnets, and has affectionately named it fat bottomed girl! Oh, and at 190K it had NO oil in the air intake tube. It was squeaky clean. And in typical 89 auto fashion it is unreasonably quick!

Thread resurrection complete!
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I would get a 7 PSI cap or leave the coolant level down a little or both. The patch might last a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
                  I would get a 7 PSI cap or leave the coolant level down a little or both. The patch might last a little longer.
                  Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                  I just wanted to update this thread. I replaced this rad, and....

Comment

Working...
                  X