No announcement yet.

1994 Ford Aspire Need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude. I could take the sensor out and mail it to you if you need it. PM me your address if you are interested.

Comment

the only sensor is one by the thermostat with one wire/ theres another on the intake i hnt checked yet

Comment

I see what you mean. Looked at the book. Think I did have to buy the switch when I installed the Aspire motor. I also used the original thermostat housing so that would explain why mine seemed different. Sorry. Don't want to send anyone in the wrong direction. My sensor sure won't do you any good.

Comment

Ok, one more little bit of information for you. The thing that sends the info to the gauge (and that Zoe is hopelessly fixated on) is actually referred to as the engine coolant temp "sender". The thing that sends info to the computer is referred to as the engine coolant temperature "sensor". Right, who's the engineer that decided we needed the semantics in addition to a non functioning coolant fan.
          If you've got a haynes manual, you can see the "sender" wiring on the page called "1994 and later engine warning system" in section 12 page 30.
          The sensor wiring system is located on the page called "1994 and 1995 engine control system" section 12 page 23.
          Section 12 page 26 actually shows how the brown wire coming from the pcm energizes that relay, like I showed you how to do.
          You can go to the rockauto online parts store to get a comparison look at the two different units (sender/sensor), That may help you to spot it, and as it turns out, replace it.
          Last edited by iceracerdude; 07-26-2011, 10:18 PM.
          97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
          CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
          Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

ok well im waiting for the title befor i go spending anything on this car (so abt 3weeks)
            anyways i got around $200 to spend on it i would like to get
            New: Brake pads/shoes/kit/rotors/drums ect
            Oil change
            lower ball joints/bushings
            Spark plugs/cap&rotor/wires/air filter and fuel filter
            radiator flush(have to pull out anyways long story)
            o2 sensor

im hopeing to get the best mpg as i can and reliablity as ill be going like 400-500 round trips.
            Any other sugestions?
            and is there any way to get a little more pep out of the 1.3 lol ?

Comment

Well what happened with the rad fan? Did you get a sensor already, or did you find something else wrong? Forget about pep unless you swap out the motor for a larger one.
              Get good tires and then pump them up real high, the car will do the rest as far as the mileage goes.

Comment

i got the sensor out under intake i just trying to find out howto test it if i cant fig it out im just going to run a toggel switch grounded then to the brown wire on the relay.
                and there nothing no cold air or anything exhaust sys?

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadmike View Post
                  and there nothing no cold air or anything exhaust sys?
                  Ok, you'll have to explain what this ^ means, I'm slow that way.

Why don't you pick up a new sensor since all the testing is pointing at it
                  as the culprit?

Comment

i mean is there a good way of doing a cold air for this car?or exhaust mods for performance gains lol? And when i pulled the plug off sensor and turned key on it came on while the fan is running (key switch to start mode) when pluged in it quit so im gunna get one outa junk yard car for now,,as new is like $30 lol

Comment

Working...
                    X