No announcement yet.

Dangaling hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to remove air cleaner. On the driver's side of the air cleaner is a white metal box with two large hoses coming out of it (Ford's pulse air system). Your small hose with the check valve on it plugs in under the rear big hose. There are two more small vaccum hoses under there, behind that one. The one you ask about is closest to the front of the car of the three.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      No need to remove air cleaner. On the driver's side of the air cleaner is a white metal box with two large hoses coming out of it (Ford's pulse air system). Your small hose with the check valve on it plugs in under the rear big hose. There are two more small vaccum hoses under there, behind that one. The one you ask about is closest to the front of the car of the three.
      I know exactly which one you are talking about. Now I have to firgure out where the hose goes that I will disconnect to hook that one up.

sent from my EVO in my Festiva
      First time owner
      89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
      Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

Ok so I hooked to hose up were it should go as above post. There was blue hose connect to it connected to the blue sensor thing on firewall. Where does this hose connect now

First time owner

Comment

Looking at my diagram I see a blue hose running between the pulse air control valve and pulse air control solenoid. But it doesn't show or say where these things are. Your best bet is to look at an unmolested '89 somehow.

Comment

the blue hose goes into the round thing on the front edge of the white box
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

What white box? Where is it located?

First time owner

Comment

The same white box in my first post above, the one on the driver's side of the air cleaner, Ford's pulse air system.

Comment

Working...
                X