No announcement yet.

Noise when turning hard to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need to fix the LCA boot, then do it Geneva's way. I just like taking off the strut bolts instead because they're usually easier than getting the pinch bolt loose and the LCA down with all the rust.

g00db0y, I'll have to take a look at what you listed for all the other problems later, but a lot of what you listed is pretty easy to tackle.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
      If you need to fix the LCA boot, then do it Geneva's way. I just like taking off the strut bolts instead because they're usually easier than getting the pinch bolt loose and the LCA down with all the rust.

g00db0y, I'll have to take a look at what you listed for all the other problems later, but a lot of what you listed is pretty easy to tackle.
      Not going to argue about it but there is no way it is easier to take the caliper off and the strut bolts then it is to take the pinch bolt out. If there is that much rust then it will be there for the strut bolts too....and the caliper does not need to come off either way. (Guess I am arguing about it....lol, but do it however it works for you.)
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

If you can get the axle off without removing the control arm pivot bolt I'd recommend it. People seem to have problems with the pivot bolt. I followed the procedure in the Haynes manual. Mr Haynes does not always know the best way of doing things.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
          If you can get the axle off without removing the control arm pivot bolt I'd recommend it. People seem to have problems with the pivot bolt.
          I have to disagree, Genevadirt and I, mostly Genevadirt, replaced Little Blue Cars axles at FMV just this way and it was a hell of a lot easier than breaking loose the strut bolts. Which is what I used to do. The pinch bolt just requires a little finesse. Whereas the strut bolts can require a great deal of brute force. It will work either way but the pinch bolt is way easier!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

After you pull the shaft out of the trans DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT TURNS THE TRANS UNTIL AFTER YOU INSERT THE NEW SHAFT. If you turn it, the "side gear" that the shaft fits into will fall down out of place inside the trans and you will be truly screwed.

Comment

Working...
            X