Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks like its going to be fun, ha

Comment

I would think that spring merely gives you the 1/2 inch or so of "free play" in the clutch pedal travel before it starts pulling on the cable.

Shouldn't the big spring hooked onto the clutch actuator arm on top of the gearbox keep any pressure off the throwout bearing when you're in gear?
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
        I would think that spring merely gives you the 1/2 inch or so of "free play" in the clutch pedal travel before it starts pulling on the cable.

Shouldn't the big spring hooked onto the clutch actuator arm on top of the gearbox keep any pressure off the throwout bearing when you're in gear?
        I thought he was referring to the spring on the Bell Housing.My Bad,didnt read the post enough. And I'm sure you are correct @ the free-play. Like the spring simply supports the weight of the pedal assembly so its not actually applying any load to the clutch?
        Last edited by nitrofarm; 12-02-2011, 11:53 PM.
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
          I thought he was referring to the spring on the Bell Housing.My Bad,didnt read the post enough. And I'm sure you are correct @ the free-play. Like the spring simply supports the weight of the pedal assembly so its not actually applying any load to the clutch?
          That's what Iwas thinking too. It seems semi-pointless. Bungee cord solution FTW!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

TominMO's picture of clutch return spring from a 91 manual is different from the one in my 93. Picture shows a spring installed right on the shaft whereas in my car it is a tension spring hooked from the pedal to a tab on the dash frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              TominMO's picture of clutch return spring from a 91 manual is different from the one in my 93. Picture shows a spring installed right on the shaft whereas in my car it is a tension spring hooked from the pedal to a tab on the dash frame.
              Interesting! Does it look like a factory setup or something some PO came up with ? I'm thinking that 88FestivaLX could come up with a similar creative solution.
              Last edited by TominMO; 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yea, I'm going to have to look at that. Didn't get to it this weekend b/c I broke my big toe

Comment

Got it fixed. I used a spring for an outdoor gate. I had to modify it a little bit though. I may go back and redo it b/c I saw a carb spring at autozone that looks like it will be perfect, ha

Comment

Working...
                  X