Clear All

ITs a GM product
    lol j/k

Hope you get it fixed up!
    Proud owner of Casper

Comment

I don't get it...
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

^ The poor little bunny! :eeeeeek:
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
          That's a good possibility.

Also, when you say the dist may not even be spinning, are you implying the entire crankshaft isn't spinning? Or that a failure led the dist to not spin when the camshaft is? Cause the timing belt is fine.

Also2, I have no idea what is up with the seatbelt. This all happened at once... maybe a voltage surge or something killed the weakest components?

hypothetically speaking, which came first? Main fuseable link corroded, leaving a faulty, surge-prone connection that caused the death of the icm(if that's what's wrong) and belt and cel bulb.... OR the icm(if that's what failed) took out the main fuse when it blew taking the other junk with it?

Just thinking out loud.
          Just got up GTP (I work 3rd's) Glad you found something.When I said the Dizzy might not be spinning.It could have sheared and even though your cranking.Its not spinning. A rare problem,but would give you the exact same results.
          As far as the "Series of Events" goes, does the other seatbelt work normally? ie does it go for the little train ride down the track? Honestly I dont think its related.And am still hoping when you get a full Batt charge it gets better? It might just have a dirty Com/Brush problem.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G

I want your GTP engine/tranny for the back of my Festy. If one day you wake up and go to start it. And you got nothing at the key....I've paid you a late night visit

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Yes it was. I think the inertia switch disables the seat belt too.
              it does not. they are on seperate circuits.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                Just got up GTP (I work 3rd's) Glad you found something.When I said the Dizzy might not be spinning.It could have sheared and even though your cranking.Its not spinning. A rare problem,but would give you the exact same results.
                As far as the "Series of Events" goes, does the other seatbelt work normally? ie does it go for the little train ride down the track? Honestly I dont think its related.And am still hoping when you get a full Batt charge it gets better? It might just have a dirty Com/Brush problem.
                Took the whole pass seat/ seat belt combo out quite a while back, so Idk! Lol

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                I want your GTP engine/tranny for the back of my Festy. If one day you wake up and go to start it. And you got nothing at the key....I've paid you a late night visit
                My fiancee took over the GTP. With the festy broke down, I've been driving it a lot and BOY did I miss the power! Goosed it just a bit on the on ramp and next thing I know I'm doing 110 LOL
                Buck.
                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

UPDATE!!!

It started! And ran! for about 30 seconds.... til it blew the main 40 amp fuse. WTF!?!?

What now?
                  Buck.

Comment

disconnect the alternator wires from the back of the alt itself and then replace the fuse. also disconnect the seatbelt modual from the harness as it's not needed for the car to run and drive. then get the car to a safer location where it can be worked on.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I had already removed the seatbelt fuse. And which wires? The main charge wire or the other pigtail?

Someone told me this means there is a short in a main power line oh say from the alt to the batt for example. Possibility?
                      Buck.

Comment

Please tell us you're not still roadside.

Comment

Well I pushed it into a wal-mart parking lot but yes, it's still there. Hard to find the time to work on it with two jobs

I see the light at the end of the tunnel though!

I'm hoping there's just a spot on the charge wire that has worn through and is grounding out. Little electrial tape chould clear that right up!!

I'll be working on it tonight between about 12am-2am. That's really my only free time between jobs. :/
                          Buck.

Comment

Can't you take two hours sick or vacation and have someone tow you home to where you can work on it properly. Using a flashlight and doing it when your tired, your going to miss yur problem. I wish I was within four hours of you, even I would come tow it home for you. Being an electrical problem just made your problem bigger than before. How far are you from your house and what would a wrecker cost you.
                            Last edited by milehighbear; 12-04-2011, 09:16 PM.
                            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                              Well I pushed it into a wal-mart parking lot but yes, it's still there. Hard to find the time to work on it with two jobs

I see the light at the end of the tunnel though!

I'm hoping there's just a spot on the charge wire that has worn through and is grounding out. Little electrial tape chould clear that right up!!

I'll be working on it tonight between about 12am-2am. That's really my only free time between jobs. :/
                              GTP do what Festyboy said.See if you can keep it running with Alt disabled & drive it home during daylite.

Comment

yea, but use some jumper cables or take battery home and charge the battery up real good before you start out or you may get stuck somewhere you don't want to be.
                                Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                                93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                                X