Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And everything else apparently.
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

My car died suddenly on the highway a few months ago. There was gas and electricity but no spark so I fussed around for quite awhile with all the electrics and fuses until somebody wisely said to have a look at the timing belt.
      It was broken!

Comment

I don't have a timing cover... I actually wish that was the problem. Much easier solution and it would've been back on the road by now... LOL
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

Do you have battery voltage at an injector with key on? at the coil?
          hope the pic is okay, looking at it you can see the grounds. With the meter black lead still hooked to battery negative there should be under 1/4 volt
          at these ground connections using your red lead. with the ecm still plugged in and cycling the key off to on, no volt surge should go over that.
          You can see battery power kapwr, that and the key on vwpr should be battery voltage.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Darn, it shrinks the pic, same info is in our sticky you have to look a little. the pin numbers will correspond with pin numbers on your ecm. Also, do you have battery voltage at all fuses, up front and inside, with key on ? Again, black lead at battery negative.

Comment

At this point I would remove the guts from the fuse link container and just hang it there with the wires and links hooked up to test all the pins. Also, is there a way to test the main relay? I will look that up in my wiring manual.

Comment

? In the above pages the links are removed, fuses put in with no problems until the other parts failed and were replaced. Checking for power at the injectors and coil covers not just the relay but its circuit in the car.

Comment

New interesting fact: there is a phantom power draw.

I narrowed it down to something on the "ROOM" fuse... which makes since because that fuse had already blown once.

Soooo what all is on the ROOM fuse?
                  Buck.

Comment

I reread this entire saga and could find no evidence of a determination as to whether it is a spark or fuel issue.

Comment

• It is getting fuel, not getting spark.
                      Buck.

Comment

• Is the ecm on the room fuse?
                        Buck.

Comment

• Appearantly it is.....

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH THANK @%#$%ING JESUS IT RUNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS
                          Buck.

Comment

• Something funny in your wiring, mine runs without the room fuse, but enjoy success !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Movin View Post
                              Something funny in your wiring, mine runs without the room fuse, but enjoy success !!
                              Yeah, wonder if some one was doing some creative harness hacking?
                              Going to pull mine and see what happens, to confirm.
                              Might have my festiva electrical schematics around to check too!
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• The harness looks completely unmolested, unlike festiva2
                                Buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X