No announcement yet.

coolant pushing out the overflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed a new headgasket. Ill burp it tomorrow and see what happens
    NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
    1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
    1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
    1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
    1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
    1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
    1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

Take the water pump belt off and fill the radiator to the bottom of the neck of the radiator. Leave the radiator cap off and start the car. If you see air bubbles or the radiator starts to overflow, you have a blown head gasket, improperly installed one, or a cracked head. No 2 ways about it. With the water pump belt removed, the water should just lay there in the block and the radiator. Eventually, if you let the car run until it gets hot, the radiator will overflow, but you will see results long before that happens if you have one of the problems listed above.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        head gasket problem....right?
        Yeah, I'm probably wrong (and hope I am). His initial description just reminds me of some prior experiences. Hopefully its just an air lock.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Ok. Guys I would like to run those tests soon. I did pull he hoses for the heater core, and my bro n I flushed it with the garden hose scince the garden hose wasn't frozen today. After a few seconds of dribbiling and hissing I heard a light pop the hose popped out of the heater when I put it back in the heatercore flowed great. We buttoned it up and the over pressure was gone on start up n idle. Now that I got it that far I heard light bubbling in the over flow but it is doing better. Thanks for all the help will keep you guys posted on the progress.
          NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
          1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
          1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
          1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
          1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
          1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
          1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

Working...
          X