No announcement yet.

My muffler fell off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a Walker stock replacement muffler, with all the appropriate metal hangers, for $32.79 + shipping from Rock auto.com. Click on "Muffler".
    RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

IIRC I got the same one even cheaper from Advance Auto, before I worked there and got the employee discount. So check the McParts places and Rock Auto.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I checked Rock Auto but with shipping charges, it's cheaper to buy it locally.
      If my inspection wasn't due last month I wouldn't even worry about it. I seem to have increased power and first gear revs up quick.

My concern is that the replacement mufflers have flanges for connecting to the intermediate pipe and my car has a slip joint and clamp. Is there enough length to the input side of the flanged muffler and will a pipe fit inside it?
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

You will need to cut the flange off and install an adaptor to it that will connect to your other pipe. Get all the sizes by measuring it then go to orielly and get the pipes. Even a flex pipe might work.

Comment

I went to a local muffler shop and paid a guy $20 to weld it on.
          The welds have held and its working great. Should be good for another 20 years or so
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
          X