• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:shock: ouch man, glad your ok though but damn that sucks

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

anybody want to fill me in on what happened!?!?!?! this is news to me.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

When or if you replace it just make sure you do a lot of dry fits with the windshield, strength should not be a problem, use some of the old pillars as an insert plug weld and seam weld this will make the repair stronger than the original part if i were home i could give you a word for word on (how to) out of my auto body book....... take lots and lots of measurements but, not really all that hard if you have a good welder with argon and co2 gas

Comment

also I got all the glass but the windshield if your interested

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            When or if you replace it just make sure you do a lot of dry fits with the windshield, strength should not be a problem, use some of the old pillars as an insert plug weld and seam weld this will make the repair stronger than the original part if i were home i could give you a word for word on (how to) out of my auto body book....... take lots and lots of measurements but, not really all that hard if you have a good welder with argon and co2 gas
            Sometimes you know how to do it and what to do , but just can't find the instructions .
            Thanks , I'm cking the body and see if its twisted ,if not I will get started . Thanks .
            New build on the way .

Comment

good luck hope shes not to bad, and you car fix it I love that car !!!

Comment

Maxtiva did it!
                Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Sorry about your wreck. Glad you are alive.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

*energizes paddles* Now that you're confirmed okay, let the automotive surgery begin *CLEAR*
                  Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                  89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                  Projects in the works:
                  84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

I say go for it. If you do it right it will be stronger than stock. You may even want to cage the car while the roof is off, it certainly would make the car more rigid.
                    I once worked on a e46 series that had been welded together in the center. The car had been wrecked and a new rear end was put on. You never would have known without pulling the headliner or carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post
                      I say go for it. If you do it right it will be stronger than stock. You may even want to cage the car while the roof is off, it certainly would make the car more rigid.
                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I agree. Not only will you be able to install the cage with ease, but you'll also be able to use that as a frame to rest the new roof on as you move it in tiny increments to rejuvenate the pillars. Then make a trailer out of the donor car.
                      Last edited by DriverOne; 12-17-2011, 11:07 PM.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Ive done it to classic cars but with a Festiva I would get another shell for a couple hundred $.

Comment

In fact there's one on craigslist near you for $250. Needs head gasket.

Comment

I'd add in a roll bar while you're at it.

Just in case!

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

WTF? when did this happen? Aw that sucks. glade your ok shade!!!!
                              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Car is twisted and I won't be able to fix it . I'm taking trade offers . Complete car
                                New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
                                X