b6t leans out when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6t leans out when driving

I finally got to endure my first drive in my b6t swapped festiva and im having a couple problems, my main concern is that when i drive in it my AFR goes all the way lean past 17.0 but will idle and cruise at low rpm's with the AFR at around 12.7. I have been adjusting my vaf spring and tps but so far have not had any luck in resolving this problem. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Edit: ECU is rocketchipped
    -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
    -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

You should not have had to mess with the vaf or tps. Did you throw a better fuel pump in or are you still running a stock one?

Also idle and cruise AFR should be closer to stoich...14.7, itll actually oscillate between 14.2 and 15.2 if you have a properly working narrowband.
    Last edited by bhazard; 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have a 255 walboro with 460cc injectors. And I had to replace tps with one that wasn't faulty so tuning was necessary. And I know 14.7 is the goal, but id rather be a little rich for safety. I have an aem wideband

Comment

460cc injectors should be running you pig rich. You actually should stay with stock injectors unless you have a way to tune. Thats why your idle and cruise AFR is so rich.

Trust me, if everything is working alright theres no way you will go lean with stock size injectors. Im still running stock 300cc B6T injectors with my BP+T and I am just now hitting the limits of them.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I have a Rocketchip, I upgraded fuel injectors because I have a td05hr big 16g turbo

Comment

It leans out when driving.. lean is not enough fuel

Comment

Originally posted by festivBS View Post
              my main concern is that when i drive in it my AFR goes all the way lean past 17.0 but will idle and cruise at low rpm's with the AFR at around 12.7

What I got from this is when you are at idle and cruise you are running rich (12.7) and when you "drive" (Im assuming you mean hard accel) it leans way out off the scale.

If it really is going that lean it should be breaking up and running like overall crap. Is that the case?
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

lean is also too much air... OR the ECM not seeing the extra air (from the boost)
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yes, I can only give it partial throttle. There is no possibility for hard acceleration yet because it will just cut out from going lean. It just falls on it's face anything more than partial throttle

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    lean is also too much air... OR the ECM not seeing the extra air (from the boost)
                    I have not gone into boost at all yet

Comment

So as soon as you start building boost?

Matt will probably be of much more help than me.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

i would say it's a vaf issue, backprobe the signal pin and manipulate the door with you hand and watch the voltage change or drop out (may have a dirty wiper inside)
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

When vacuum zeros out to where boost should be made, no boost is made but Im sure that is because I have a loose clamp on my charge pipe.
                          The car will go lean before it reaches that point though

Comment

I have 2 vafs that I have been testing with and get the same results from both but I will still definitely try that. And new boost clamps will be in the mail this week for me. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by festivBS View Post
                              Im sure that is because I have a loose clamp on my charge pipe.
                              :-|
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                              X