A cheap solution, to a non-existent problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unknown View Post
    No the switch (sensor) is, from what I understand is used to help the car run better, before it gets warmed up, and shuts off at 65 degrees. And the purpose of me trying to use it is because, it is there.
    Now I'm really confused, LOL. This is on a Festiva? Is this an ATX only feature?
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Brian, it's on the carb festys ONLY (not on the ATX or EFI cars).

he's fitting a sensor to an ATX radiator because that's all you can get anymore, manual rads havn't been made in 15 years.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks! That makes a little more sense. From everything I've heard, the carb'd Festys almost sound more complicated than the EFI models.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Use a little rubber hose on the other side to fill and cap it with, that will
          leave plenty of room for expansion, it should tighten up kind of like a radiator
          hose. Get hard when hot. Yes it will delay the switch just a little but not much.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
          X