1990 Festiva Fuel Gauge bad Sending Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    I don't know if anyone alerted you to the fact that there is a gas tank and pump access cover inside the car just behind the rear seat. You do not have to drop the tank to get inside.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the access cover actually "below" the rear seat bottom on the left side, isn't it?
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by the_feist_in_festiva View Post
      I found someone in New York who rebuilds sending units. And I've found a bunch of other homemade fuel sending unit repair methods here and there. So I guess I'll do more research on it. But the gallon gas tank in the back sounds good too. I don't know anymore.
      Just out of curiosity, what did they want to charge you for fixing these fuel sending units?

Comment

Phone Bob's Speedometer up and ask.
        Probably too expensive. I would give serious consideration to buying a used one from Germany.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-09-2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the access cover actually "below" the rear seat bottom on the left side, isn't it?
          Yes.. Have to undo 4 bolts , remove seats, lift carpet, remove 4 phillipshead screws, under there is the Grail.

Sent from the depths of hell.
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Has anyone ordered one of these Fourgreen sending units? Does it fit and function as a direct replacement? If so, I'm definitely ordering one!
            1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
            Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
            Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post
              Has anyone ordered one of these Fourgreen sending units? Does it fit and function as a direct replacement? If so, I'm definitely ordering one!
              Ask me in a month or so. I've got new carpet that I'm installing when my seats are re-upholstered. No better time to put the new FourGreen fuel sending unit in than when I've got the carpet torn out. I will say that carb'd fuel tanks have an "oval" hole where the fuel sending unit mounts ("oval" like your typical 1/4 mile high school track with straight sides and rounded ends) and the FourGreen fuel sending unit I bought has a mounting lid/deck that is more circular/not so oval-shaped. Both the tank hole and the FourGreen fuel sending unit lid have 8 screw holes in the same general pattern but I don't know for sure yet if the 8-hole geometry lines up perfectly. Even if they do, the gasket has to seat properly. We shall see....
              Last edited by Twistiva; 11-26-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Twistiva,
                Did you ever end up installing that FourGreen unit? Did it work out?

Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

I want to know, also. I am the original poster, still don't have a replacement sending unit. Now I need an ignition switch, but that's on a new thread. SLW near Salem Oregon.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered one today... Part number QKK13760960. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

• Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post
                      Twistiva,
                      Did you ever end up installing that FourGreen unit? Did it work out?
                      A yr has passed, i would have hoped so, but still interested in a response.

Comment

Working...
                      X