Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    ^ specify what's above the brake booster please Shade
    Pump test connector . Alittle behind on converse ,sorry boss . Please don't hurt me .
    Geesh you are a high strung little guy ain't ya .
    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
      Please don't hurt me....Geesh you are a high strung little guy ain't ya .
      Cyber Fight...Cyber Fight!

I posted a pic of my 'shade tree' yesterday, I bet mine's bigger than yours
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Yo! Runner406...what is the tech that puts cartoon captions on your pics? It's awesome!

The steering wheel is on the left. We have 'left hand drive' cars in the US. On a two lane road, we drive on the right (at least when we're sober).:p
        '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
          Pump test connector . Alittle behind on converse ,sorry boss . Please don't hurt me .
          Geesh you are a high strung little guy ain't ya .
          at 150lb i guess i could be considered 'little', as for high strung, you don't know the half of it, LOL! ask Scitzz, PU214, or FB71 hehe
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The app i use for the captions is called picsay its a free app on android and a great tool for info help from people like you guys , glad u like it it does a ton of stuff ok driver side i got it ill checkit out tonight at 3 am when i get home if its not that then ill check for power n then if i got power ill get a new pump thanks everyone :thumbup:

Comment

At a loss right now fuel pump works engine starts breifly and shuts right off seems as if it wants to run but no constant only like two seconds n dies off timing belt is good rotor n cap are good any clues guys ???

Comment

I did wash out the eninge bay the other day like two days ago

Comment

I had a similar issue the other day. Car wouldnt run past idle.Just blah blah blah cough, when ever you opened throttle.Ended up being the dizzy.
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
                    At a loss right now fuel pump works engine starts breifly and shuts right off seems as if it wants to run but no constant only like two seconds n dies off timing belt is good rotor n cap are good any clues guys ???
                    Sounds like VAF fuel pump switch is not closing. Check intake duct for leaks. Jump the self-test connector to bypass the VAF.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
                      Sounds like VAF fuel pump switch is not closing. Check intake duct for leaks. Jump the self-test connector to bypass the VAF.
                      ^^This. If it runs for 2 seconds and dies, it sounds like the VAF is either not plugged in or bad.
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I jumped the T fitting and made fue pump run tried to start , same thing ,whats a dizzy ????? And i tried another mass air flow looking thing the air cleaner lid no difference

Comment

dizzy=distributor

Some times the pins on the wiring for the vaf go backward into the plug and don't make contact with the VAF. Some people have had to access the back side of the plug and push them back into place. If you have a bad intake leak, it will give the same problems as not having your VAF connected.
                          The Festiva Store
                          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
                            I jumped the T fitting and made fue pump run tried to start , same thing ,whats a dizzy ????? And i tried another mass air flow looking thing the air cleaner lid no difference
                            You tried a new VAF? Can you get a Distributor the same way? Try that,just make sure you dont mess up the postion of the rotor.ie mark the "DIZZY" housing/Cyl head with a sharpie. Then note the rotor position before you pull it off the Dizzy shaft.
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Ok i got it running today the plug going to the vaf box thingie didnt seem to be making contact i put another vaf on it and ding ,ding,ding ,,,,varooooooom it started right up ,,,,thanks for everyones help omg you guys totally rocked it and i have a newer vaf on this car so i was like wtf plus i got 4 more i coulda used anyhow i took the vaf and cleaned it out with brakecleaner n carb spray a little oil in the air clearer tube thingie i brought it to work to clean it out and put it back on tomorrow not in a million yrs would i have guessed that this air flow sensorbox would have any effect on the fuel pump , thats insane lol either way im very happy ,omg last nite i could barely sleep i was like i hope the motors not toasted lol tha ks everyone so much

Comment

Can i ask why is the distributer refered to on here as the dizzy lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X