No announcement yet.

help please!?!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stumped, when i found all the cut and melted wires under the fuseable links i just knew i had found my problem. Since the block and blades of the fuseable links were toast i replaced it all with circuit breakers like Movin suggested. i go to fire her up and she still don't fire up. I pulled the line off the fuel filter and had someone try and crank it while i watched for gas flow, nothin. So i thought about the fuel pump jumper plug put a papeclip in it and tried again still nothin my next move is going to be at the access panel to the tank to see if im gettin gas at all. im one depressed dude the thought of takin my car to a shop is really weighing on me. i know with you guys help and some time ill.get it fixed but man i missin my car

Comment

Originally posted by mgthrilla View Post
      I'm stumped, when i found all the cut and melted wires under the fuseable links i just knew i had found my problem. Since the block and blades of the fuseable links were toast i replaced it all with circuit breakers like Movin suggested. i go to fire her up and she still don't fire up. I pulled the line off the fuel filter and had someone try and crank it while i watched for gas flow, nothin. So i thought about the fuel pump jumper plug put a papeclip in it and tried again still nothin my next move is going to be at the access panel to the tank to see if im gettin gas at all. im one depressed dude the thought of takin my car to a shop is really weighing on me. i know with you guys help and some time ill.get it fixed but man i missin my car
      Did you have the key on when you jumped the pump tester? Do you hear the relay click on the left kick panel when you turn on the key with the tester jumped? Have you checked for spark since fixing the fuse panel? If you don't have spark OR fuel the EGI link/breaker circuit must be open. Check both sides with voltmeter.

Comment

thanks georgeb that's what im going to check now got run grab voltmeter

Comment

ok i went to listen for a click in the fuel relay and when i turn the key i think im hearing a click coming from my circuit breaker repair, stupid question for y'all is it possible i got the breaker hooked up backwards ??? if they was backwards tho nothin should work right???

Comment

ok the clicking is defiantly the circuit breakers are they supposed to click??? and im gettin no spark. got a voltmeter but when messing round with it i think i fried it it was working now its not. i checked the breakers with a regular test light and im gettin power thru all the breakers

Comment

If you were on the freeway and it died, have you checked the timing belt? Take off the dizzy cap and see if the rotor turns when you crank it. This could be the problem leading to no spark
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

timing belt is fine i ll check the rotor

Comment

rotor is turning as well so???

Comment

Well that was just a precaution. It does seem electrical. Have you checked the impact switch on the driver's side of the hatch? There's a little red button up under the rear speaker that has to be depressed. If it's up, the fuel pump won't get power. Shuts it off in case of an accident.

But to recap, you're not getting fuel OR spark?
                    -Zack
                    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by mgthrilla View Post
                      rotor is turning as well so???
                      Rotor can be installed in three different positions. Try starting the car eith the rotor in each one.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

yea i checked the inertia switch first off its not tripped. and no spark or fuel!!! im lost!!!!

Comment

I see that this post has lost inertia. Keep us abreast of what is cooking would ya?

I screwed around with trying to cure electronic woes for the longest time a few years ago until a buddy of mine, in having a simple look, merely loosened off the timing belt cover and smugly showed me a broken belt.

Man was I embarrassed!

Comment

LOL. Checked the belt its fine. im at a loss as what to check next. festyboy said he was gonna give me a test tree to work off of. until then im dead in the water. im still without spark or fuel. I've checked everything i could think of and went thru all the suggestions everyone has gave me. hopefully with the help of this thread the mystery will be solved!!!

Comment

If the new breaker clicks the wire it feeds is shorted some where. Make sure the wire loom
                              it goes into is not melted. Trace the wire looking for where it might have rubbed
                              through. Get us a wire color if you can.
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

i will dig farther into the wiring harness this evening. the circuit breakers are clicking when key is turned on. that is good to know about the clicking its got me a lil more optimistic. i was starting to lean toward thinking it might be the ecm .. thanks Movin can't wait to get home and get back into it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X