inner tie rod replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inner tie rod replacement

Do I need an inner tie rod tool to replace the inner on a 93 stock festy? I was wondering if I could just get a wrench on there.

I've done it with just a wrench. It's a PITA, if you can get a crow's foot and some extensions life will be substantially easier for ya.
    1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
    1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
    2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Great big open end wrench (can't remember which one, 23 mm?) worked for me. Turn the steering wheel to find the most accessible way to get in there.

Comment

I couldn't even find an inner-tie rod tool that fits, so yea I used a wrench also. It's really not that bad.
        #33 Ford Festiva "We Are Not Really From Iran" - 24-Hours of LeMons 3x Trophy Winner & Class B Winner

Comment

Cool, thanks folks. I will tackle it this weekend.

Comment

Wrench. And I found out the hard way you have to turn the steering wheel all the way to one side (depending on which side you're doing) to see the pinhole. Then drive the pin out with something small. Wrench the inner tie rod off, and install the new one with red Loc-tite.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Thanks. I will do exactly that.

Comment

Working...
                X