No announcement yet.

No spark after snow storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll go ahead and tear it apart this weekend even though with a screw driver in #1 at TDC the camshaft sprocket is aligned perfectly. I guess it could be off but if it isn't I'm going to shoot it.. always hated messing with the ones with AC as you have to take the large bolt out.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Before you go taking the crank sprocket off, I would do as FestYboy suggested and slip your timing belt a notch and see what happens.

Yours is a 91 with Aspire swap so it has should have the large crank snout. The sprocket keyway problem is not as likely to occur on that crank.
      My 1990 had the small snout crank.

Comment

Haven't swapped the engine yet still trying to get all the kinks out. It is a possibility.. now if the weather will cooperate this weekend.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
          Thanks... I'll get 'er figured out eventually. It's so frustrating to have three cars all with something wrong!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
          Post #3 & #4. Hope this helps,don't know if you know this is in the "Repair" section (its easy to over look). Its kind of difficult to use because its not easy to "flow" like if you actually had the manual in front of you.But thought I'd throw it out there for you.:thumbs_up:
          AREA 51
          Last edited by nitrofarm; 05-03-2013, 08:26 AM.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
          X