No announcement yet.

Speedo calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an app. My speedo is off by the amount standard with the aspire swap. If I can get one made, then anyone with aspire swap may get one too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

according to the parts books, the MTX speedo gear has 21 teeth and the drive gear has 23. the ATX Festiva trans uses an 89 tracer drive gear and a different Festiva speedo gear than the MTX but no tooth count is given for these. maybe if someone has an ATX they can see what the tooth count is but even if it might help with speedo calibration, i'm not sure if the tracer drive gear will fit on the Festiva differential and i am assuming that whatever 2 gears you use have to be a matched set since they are both in a fixed position. in otherwords you can't just increase or decrease the diameter of the easily accessible driven gear. you'd have to replace the drive gear on the differential assy also.
      does the Probe use a mazda trans? there may be some compatibility there if it does.

Comment

Thanks man! That's the best info so far! I am going to call the manufacturer today and see if that is enough info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
        HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Just talked to the company. I need to verify the thread (7/8-18?) and width of the square cable end (.104?) and they can do it. Cost is $80 for the DIY kit and $130 if they build it. I hope to get it verified this afternoon if the weather holds. If anyone can verify those measurements are good on all models then I can have them save the data and any of us can just call up.

Cheers!
          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
          X