No announcement yet.

Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember, but I think the boot was screwed on from inside the firewall. The steering column would have to be popped to remove the boot. Am I right?

Comment

that's what it looks like

Comment

Two questions. Does anyone know if you are supposed to use a rubber or a copper washer on the transmission drain plug? Is there enough clearance for a drain plug with a magnet?
        Last edited by bravekozak; 09-07-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

On the auto, there is an aluminum crush washer that's supposed to be replaced. I just took the ridges off by doing figure 8s on the cement to make it flat again. Oh, and the bolt is magnetic. Just offering information, but I don't know about the manual trans.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

New day. New question. Could I use an EFI coil on a carb engine?

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              New day. New question. Could I use an EFI coil on a carb engine?
              that's kinda interesting question seems like same concept but I doubt it would work not sure tho

Comment

I also would like to know if anyone has added underhood padding? All the mounting holes are present in the hood. I have seen some relatively new padding at the junkyard. Has anyone seen hood insulation in Mazda 121s or Kia Prides?

Comment

Today's question is:
                  I noticed that there are different part numbers for the bolts that hold the steering knuckles to the struts, between Festiva and Aspire. Are Aspire bolts longer? Do they have different thread pitch?

Comment

this is an addition to the earlier subject in this thread about the steering boots. as dan pointed out. there is a BIG diff between em. the kia boot is for a LHD PS rack.

Comment

In answer to the question I asked you about, I have done some similar research.
                      The RH interior non power mirror sail plate is E8BZ-17K709-A. I presume B is the LH.
                      I ordered E8BZ-17K709-D and found it to be the RH interior power mirror sail plate.
                      I assume C is the LH. The Mazda equivalent for the C is DA01 69 171

There is a big difference where the attachment holes are located.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Today's question is:
                        I noticed that there are different part numbers for the bolts that hold the steering knuckles to the struts, between Festiva and Aspire. Are Aspire bolts longer? Do they have different thread pitch?
                        that is puzzling why there are different #s. there are very minor differences that I can see. first, all dimensions/thread pitch/strength is exactly the same. the shiny one is an aspire bolt. the used one is a festiva bolt. the minor difference I mention is that there is a shallow groove around the underside of the festy bolt head where the shank meets the head. also as shown, there is a minor difference in the serrations under the head. maybe there was a corrosion problem with the grooved bolts? I tried the festiva nut on the aspire bolt and it fits. oddly enough, even kia has different part#s for the Pride/Avella bolts and nuts. I never found the part# for the festiva bolt itself but it is included in a seal repair kit and to confuse things even more, it has a mazda 121 part# instead of the usual ford nomenclature.

Last edited by F3BZ; 09-21-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Do not buy the Kia bolts from Four Green because they are too short. They must have mixed the part numbers up while packaging.

I have a new question. When the front wheels are up in the air, and you rotate one wheel, is the other wheel supposed to spin in the opposite direction? Is this because of a lockup mechanism under load in the transmission?
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 09-21-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

In answer to the question I asked you about, I have done some similar research.
                            The RH interior non power mirror sail plate is E8BZ-17K709-A. I presume B is the LH.
                            I ordered E8BZ-17K709-D and found it to be the RH interior power mirror sail plate.
                            I assume C is the LH. The Mazda equivalent for the C is DA01 69 171

There is a big difference where the attachment holes are located.
                            The A suffix sail plate is definitely used as a plug to cover up the hole if there is no mirror mounted.
                            The flat piece of plastic fits into a metal gripper bracket that is on the outside plate.
                            I have the inside and outside one in my garage now.

I suspect the B suffix is the one that would cover the hole in the left door on vehicles with right hand drive that have
                            no mirror on the left side. Just a guess though.
                            Last edited by 1990new; 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

So, the inner sail plate that everyone in North America has is the C.
                              D is the one that is the hardest to find.
                              Single mirror RHD vehicles have the B.
                              Single mirror LHD vehicles have the A.

The only question I have is why are they selling B inner sails in North America?
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 09-21-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

So, the inner sail plate that everyone in North America has is the C.
                                D is the one that is the hardest to find.
                                Single mirror RHD vehicles have the B.
                                Single mirror LHD vehicles have the A.
                                I think you hit the nail on the head.

Although the part number molded into my sail plates are totally different from the replacement part numbers.
                                Last edited by 1990new; 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X