Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day

I thought I would start a new thread for one off questions that may only need a simple answer such as yes or no. Or for questions that are difficult to find answers for.

My question is, will the manual trasmission fluid pour out if I remove the driver's transaxle without first draining any fluid?

Yes
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

It will also flow out if you remove your passenger side axle without first draing it.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

does it have to be car related? or festiva/aspire related? just repair related? can it be philosophical like, is life without a festiva really life? is a one off question one that hasn't already been answered in previous posts? is it a rule that the answer can only be yes or no? what if one guy says yes and another guy says no? what if the answer depends on varying circumstances like if the car in the question above is parked sideways in a very steep driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
          does it have to be car related? or festiva/aspire related? just repair related? can it be philosophical like, is life without a festiva really life? is a one off question one that hasn't already been answered in previous posts? is it a rule that the answer can only be yes or no? what if one guy says yes and another guy says no? what if the answer depends on varying circumstances like if the car in the question above is parked sideways in a very steep driveway?
          yes...lol
          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            It will also flow out if you remove your passenger side axle without first draing it.
            Yes :mrgreen:
            Last edited by Zanzer; 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM.
            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
            Zulu Ministries

Comment

This is the repair help forum. So yes it has to be Festiva related. No philosophy.
              I'm lazy. I just don't feel like draining it and then pouring it back in again. That's why I asked. Shallow gearbox. Thanks.

Comment

Which one do you think would look better on the dash of my Festiva?
                This one? or this one?

Comment

I actually don't bother with the drain plug anymore, just have the pan ready when I pop the axle.
                  Also there is nothing you could attatch to a Festiva dash with included double stick tape that would make it better than a Festiva dash with nothing double stick taped to it. Unless it's the remote to an MSD multi-stage 2-step (and even then, mine was double stick taped to the inside of the glove box, that way all the pills were right there- until it decided to engage the 2-step at any engine speed over 1000 RPM at random intervals. then it was double stick taped to a banana peel in my trash can)
                  Last edited by Tommychu; 08-20-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    This one? or this one?
                    neither....now if you were talking snow globe...........
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      This one? or this one?
                      The second one. DEFINITELY the second one.....
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

DEFINITELY .... NOT the first one!!!!!
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I have one suggestion and that's the subject title. The search feature searches on title so the title should include the subject of the question.
                          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

OK new question. is there any difference in either or both of the lower steering column U-joint (3B676) and coupling (3A525) between POWER and MANUAL steering racks?

Comment

I know the boots are different. I had to use one from an Aspire with power steering, because it is shorter. The manual boot is at least an inch longer. The fluid chamber is at the bottom. The boot has to clear the fluid lines. I used the same coupling when I installed mine.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X