No announcement yet.

Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the front wheels are up in the air with the transmission in gear, and you rotate one wheel, the other wheel rotates in the opposite direction. Why?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-22-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

non limited slip differential
      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Why? WHYY?? UGLY!

Bungee cord is Sexy though...

Some of these questions are trivial, simple? So I contributed.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
        Last edited by jason_; 09-22-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          When the front wheels are up in the air with the transmission in gear, and you rotate one wheel, the other wheel rotates in the opposite direction. Why?
          So that your tires don't get eaten when you take a turn. When turning, the inner wheel rotates slower than the outer wheel. The spider gears in the transmission make up the difference. When the diff is still (in gear), the spider gears turn the other wheel opposite of the one you're turning. They're also responsible for one wheel wonders, which will blow them up in a short while.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Thank-you to 1990new, who did a test today to answer post #16.
            If you disconnect the BP wire from the carb distributor, there is no change to the engine speed.

Comment

a late contribution to the sail plate debate. you'll notice there is no listing for the RH inner plate w/manual mirrors. so a question within a question. are the only festivas that came with left and right mirrors in 88/89 the LX with electric mirrors? were manual passenger mirrors only equipped on the 1990 and up GL? i'll have to look at the 1990's parts list. and another question within a question. why would the plates be different between an automatic and manual trans car??

Last edited by F3BZ; 09-23-2013, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Do not buy the Kia bolts from Four Green because they are too short.
                I looked up the pride bolt on 4GREEN and they have a pic of the bolts you got. not only too short but they are fully threaded. what up widdat? i'm going to order the Avella bolts and see what they look like. only $1 ea. KB45534112B. also, the 121 bolts/nuts are still available from mazda here in the states. bolt is H00133302. nut is B03728091. the mazda bolts are over $5 ea. I don't know if Japanese steel is 5X better than Korean steel.

Comment

New question regarding the factory A/C relays in the rubber boot below the battery.

Are all the relays the same (2G05) for both the triple (automatic trans) and dual (manual trans) A/C relays?

Comment

New question regarding the factory A/C relays in the rubber boot below the battery.

Are all the relays the same (2G05) for both the triple (automatic trans) and dual (manual trans) A/C relays?
                    I just check the triple relays that I pulled from a Festiva ealier this year at LKQ and all three are 7J28.

Comment

I think in physical size and shape they are. and they are all 4 pin and SPST N.O. as best I can read schematics. the WAC contacts are downstream of a 10A inline fuse and the other 2 downstream of a 15A. I have a GL w/air and auto in a rented garage. maybe i'll take a look tomorrow.

Comment

I just check the triple relays that I pulled from a Festiva ealier this year at LKQ and all three are 7J28.
                        Number on Relays is
                        056700-5260

Ebay listing with explaination:
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Subaru-Kawasaki-Lexus-Honda-replacement-Japan-RELAY-for-056700-5260-/130984224149
                        Last edited by 1990new; 09-27-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks. That is the sane number on my relay. It has a 22A rating. I will check the wiring diagram to confirm it is on a 30A circuit.

New question, regarding weatherstips for quarter windows. Why are there two part numbers for these weatherstrips? I cannot see any reason why the same weatherstrip could be used for both sides.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 09-27-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

next! I got these LCAs from FMS and never really noticed the extended bushing sleeve. should this be installed towards the front or rear or does it even matter?

Comment

New question, regarding weatherstips for quarter windows. Why are there two part numbers for these weatherstrips? I cannot see any reason why the same weatherstrip could be used for both sides.
                              I believe they are premolded to some extent therefore different for each side.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                                next! I got these LCAs from FMS and never really noticed the extended bushing sleeve. should this be installed towards the front or rear or does it even matter?

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                                I believe they are premolded to some extent therefore different for each side.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                                Oops. I just bolted them in.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X