No announcement yet.

Rear Window Defogger Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's talking about using a factory glass with def. Doesn't want to do that.

I had no idea these were made. Interesting.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

They are great aftermarket accessories and are easy to do. Just have to make sure you have a clean window. Plenty of open switch bays on the dash to add the defrost switch. They take about 30 mintues if you are super careful to do. I know I am kind of a chicken when it comes to glass. I hate working with it. Been cut way to many times and broke way to many windows to be anywhere near confident enough to work with it.

Comment

I have seen them in JC Whitney catalogs before
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I did not find them in JCW the last time I checked, but I will look again

Comment

I have not seen another manufacturer with a backlite as large as a Festiva. That is one of the reasons I like the car. Great rear view. I do know I was unable to locate the rear defogger kit part number on Rear Counter. Most of the other backlites are either too small or curved. The same applies for adding a grid behind the front windshield wipers.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 11-17-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

JC Whitney does not carry them. The grid system I used to install were all individual lines, each soldered to a strip at each side so it was completely custom. Then the main wire was soldiered to the side strip and ran to the switch up front which was hooked to a power source and a ground. Very easy to do. Very quick and not many could tell it was not factory.

Comment

Ford electric defrosting windshields. Very expensive option. DW792. I always knew gold was good for something useful.

Retired Ford models.

The Festiva rear defrost grid is unavailable. I wonder if Volvo sells their C30 rear defrost grid as a service part? I will check on Monday.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 07-20-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X