No announcement yet.

need moral support....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's alright arty I'm sure you'll get it! Probably a fuse or something stupid like that! Icm maybe... Good luck!
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Need to find out if your injectors are getting power. You said you have spark, that rules out a snapped timing belt.

Edited: reading comprehension
      Last edited by DON SVO; 12-05-2013, 03:43 PM.
      1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
      1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
      2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

I will pray for you may son!

Or how about something more useful.
        You said you had spark!
        Where did you have spark?
        At each plug or at the coil?
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

spark is strong at the coil and the rotor turns in sync with the cam, so aside from massive all encompassing secondary ignition system failure all at once, i'm going to say the car has spark. also, i DO have power at the injectors, but without the noid light, i can't say i have injector control.

next step is to confirm compression. i smell fuel and pulling the plugs should confirm weather or not i have injector control.

first things first! throw a battery at it! i need it to crank FASTER!!!!
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            spark is strong at the coil and the rotor turns in sync with the cam, so aside from massive all encompassing secondary ignition system failure all at once, i'm going to say the car has spark. also, i DO have power at the injectors, but without the noid light, i can't say i have injector control.

next step is to confirm compression. i smell fuel and pulling the plugs should confirm weather or not i have injector control.

first things first! throw a battery at it! i need it to crank FASTER!!!!
            PU241 recently saw my new diagnostics bag. I carry it everywhere. A bluetooth OBD2 scanner, a vacuum gauge, a fuel pressure gauge, a compression gauge, and a set of noid lights. Jumper cables. All in a 3 dollar craftsman bag. Priceless.
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

i have a similar kit, but includes a test light, DVOM, jumper wires, spare known good ICM, and a few hand tools for access.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Yah, forgot the multimeter, but it is in there. That is for all cars, I have a small kit of Festy emergency parts stashed around the car Belt by the battery, fuel pump by the rear strut tower, fuses of both sorts and ICM in the glove box, etc. Any news?

Comment

havn't touched it since that evening... crappy weather and work schedule, plus it's still on the street.

Comment

Ehrmagherd son! You leave a festy on the street someone is bound to.....

Ignore it, since not enough know how good they are

Seriously, it isn't in hazard of being towed/impounded?

Comment

not my concern really... they know it should be towed, and i can't make them do it... not mine. i'm just a # they call when they need bailed out, and they waited 2 days to tell me in the first place so i guess they don't care that much.

Comment

Tow it home, see if they call. Be they Festy impound. I'm sure you have a key that works....
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

not my concern really... they know it should be towed, and i can't make them do it... not mine. i'm just a # they call when they need bailed out, and they waited 2 days to tell me in the first place so i guess they don't care that much.
                          I get you, and I hate that I have felt that way a couple times. I agree with Gregs idea! Parts car!

Comment

that's called theft around here lol. besides, i have 4" of snow to deal with now, we got ALOT more than expected.

Comment

that's called theft around here lol.
                              They wouldn't DARE suggest that!

Comment

I had similar issue. You all gave me hints, what solved it, i pluged into pcm to show CEL, one pcm grounded it fired.
                                Yellow 91 festiva GL 5speed
                                Red 88festiva L 4spd
                                Blue 91festiva L 5spd (bad tranny, sloppy suspension)

Comment

Working...
                                X