No announcement yet.

Electrical Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope your ROOM fuse was a 10 AMP (red) fuse and protected your ECA when the MAIN fuse link melted.

The injectors get their power from the EGI fuse link through the main relay (Y/BK). They ground through the ECA (GN/Y & GN/BK). That's how they know when to turn on and shut off. Check out that circuit.

I am only assuming that your main relay should work because your fuel pump relay is working.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-30-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

It was a ten amp and it didn't go which makes it hard for me to believe the ECU fried. How would I go about checking the EGI circuit? It is good out of the fusible link box. But I am not sure where to check past that.

Comment

The only time I had an issue with these fuses was when my main harness under the rad support shifted and the rad support cut into the harness.
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

No I don't think that happened nothing is cut or rubbed that I can see.

Comment

Main relay is down low behind the R/H headlight. Look for the Yellow/Black wire. The test light should come on when you crank the the engine.

Comment

Yeah all the wires on the relay are hot.

Comment

Help him out guys. He says he has spark. How can we prove the injectors are squirting gas? and the ECA is doing its job? without an ECA tester. Otherwise his engine should start.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 12-31-2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Nope there is not any spark. However the fuel pump is kicking on. If I don't have spark nor that check engine light on on showing that the ECA is communicating, and it is getting power isn't it the ECA, I just don't understand how it fried before the 10A ROOM fuse.

Comment

When you turn the key, check to see if you get power to the BK/W wire on the positive terminal of the ignition coil.

Comment

Maybe the check engine and parking brake bulbs are burned out.
                      Before we undo the speedometer cable, remove the cluster bezel and pull the instrument cluster out to check, we must check for spark.

Comment

He already said he can hear the Fuel pump running thats the main relay working correct?
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Man I'm confused I thought you said the last time it cranked and had spark. Maybe your ICM has failed. Check for voltage like Brave said at coil input.If no power work backwards towards ICM & hopefully thats all that failed.
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Yes the main relay energizes in RUN and supplies power to the fuel pump relay, crankshaft position sensor and injectors. It is very important.

Comment

Plug your PCM sti wire to ground and try to start it. I had a big issue with my electrical, i grounded the PCM and it started. Same deal as you. Just try it, it may do nothing but it may work and its easy.good luck.
                              Yellow 91 festiva GL 5speed
                              Red 88festiva L 4spd
                              Blue 91festiva L 5spd (bad tranny, sloppy suspension)

Comment

Where is the PCM sti wire? And there is twelve volts going to the coil which is weird that it wont start, and I do not think it is the ICM because the computer is not communicating (according to the little light in my dash.). So it is not getting the "You should spark now" Signal. From the distributor from the computer. If thats the way it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X