My car is driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88FestivaLX View Post
    Well I had been driving it with a new battery and bad alternator. Would that have made my battery test bad?
    If it had been overcharging the battery that is a possibility...
    - Form should follow function...

Comment

I was basically running on just the battery. Printout said it had a bad cell. I've driven it for a couple days now with the new battery and alt. Starts fine and everything now! I'm still going to look at my grounds and make sure everything is clean and tight. My battery cables look kinda crappy. Not corroded or anything. Just old and used looking and I don't like it, ha. Would new cables help anything? It still does some of the lunging and acting kinda stupid like I said at the beginning of this thread. I'm wondering if new engine/tranny mounts would help with that? It has the original ones with 214,000 miles on them and they don't look very healthy...

Comment

Yes new mounts will help everything.Bad mounts can even make the car pull-
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

New battery cables are always a good thing! I replaced mine about a year ago. Heavier gage than the thin stock cables. Old battery cables can give problems on their own, even if they look good.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
          X