Complete Exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
    Why keep the cat?? We don't have emissions in Wisconsin.

Because for him without welding tools,
    It will be cheaper and easier to complete the job
    From buying a bolt on oem style cat with a flange on both ends.
    That he can install himself with 4 bolts and 2 gaskets and be done with.
    Last edited by rmoltis; 05-03-2015, 03:33 PM.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Piece of pipe and 2 bands clamps....that's easier then fighting with rusty exhaust bolts.

Comment

I did not change the manifold pipe, so I have to deal with the flange. I could not use the pipe posted earlier that looks like a cat, but isn't because it does not have the flange for the front fitting. So, I in essence was forced to put a cat back on. Much quicker and easier when it is all said and done. I am going to have to remove the bracket from the old cat, but everything should go back together just quick and easy

Comment

To each his own. I'd just grab a Sawzall and cut the flange off. As Wisconsin car exhausts never come apart clean. But I hope it does for you!

Comment

The nice thing is I dropped everything from the head pipe back, so nothing needed to come apart. I replaced it all. Clamps, muffler, hanger rubber, everything. The only thing I don't know is if there is a gasket from the manifold pipe flange to the catalytic converter flange? I have the gasket for the muffler to the intermediate pipe and the back of the cat to the intermediate pipe, but is there one for the flange end?

Comment

The gasket at the front side of the CAT is a doughnut type not a normal flat gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
              “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

crap. so anyone know where I can find a flange gasket? I did not see one on Rock Auto site

Comment

Most auto parts stores should have those in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                  “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

None around me had them. So I ordered one from Rock Auto. Then I opened the box that the new Cat came in and looky there. They included both front and rear seals. So, I have an extra one on it's way as well

Comment

I think I caught it at the warehouse and possibly cancelled the order. That would be nice if I were able to do that

Comment

What a load of crap that flange gasket is. As I looked my head pipe had 2 gaskets on it. Both were over the pipe. When I spoke with a muffler shop to get a gasket that fit over the pipe, they told me it isn't supposed to go over the pipe, but it sits against it! Yippee.. Muffler is now 100% done and the car is back on the road long enough for me to get the front passenger tire pulled to find out why I am missing 1/2 of my tire.

Comment

Working...
                        X