No announcement yet.

Washed engine bay now wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The click is likely the fuel pump relay. Make sure the little wire with the spade terminal is connected to your starter . If it is try tapping on the starter lightly with a hammer.

Comment

Pull apart connector 122 in the engine bay. The black/blue wire from the starter motor goes to it. Make sure the terminals are clean and shiny.

Comment

What is connector 122? Pic?
        I googled and no luck finding

Comment

First thing to check is the Battery, get a Multi Meter anything under 11.5 volts and you should probably get it checked at the auto parts store to see if you need a new one. If you don't have a Multi Meter then take the battery to the autoparts store to get it check anyway.

If the battery is good then use you multi meter to check that the starter is getting power when trying to crank or you could just get a friend to try to crank it while you hit the starter with a hammer... If it starts after the hammer trick then it is time for a new starter.

The clicking you here inside the car is a relay which requires very little power for them to work. Always check your battery first, a bad battery can cause really odd thing to happen in a car, especially newer cars with computers everywhere.
          Last edited by firebush357; 06-10-2016, 11:57 AM.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Nonamekid, please explain the jumper wire from positive battery cable to where on starter? I see the starter and someone mentioned a blade wire connector and toward the top of the starter there's a small flat blade connection wire. I wire brushed it. Everything's gotta be dry it's been two weekends ago since I washed engine

Comment

Working...
            X