No announcement yet.

Stock Engine Swap-in. Having Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I should have said nominal diameter... That where a dial caliper and T gauge come into play. Just another way to verify plastigauge.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      That's some BS. What if the dyno is feeling particularly generous that day and throws all the cars that run at the limit over? They just DQ the whole lot and say tough luck???
      How else would you do it?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        Sorry, I should have said nominal diameter... That where a dial caliper and T gauge come into play. Just another way to verify plastigauge.
        I can check my book for Nominal thickness. Prob not gonna bother using a T gauge on the bearings. If the gap is too big, it doesn't change anything to measure it another way. If anything, if I did something wrong, the gap would most like read too small, right?
        A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
        Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

Well, I say use the T gauge for the mere fact that the bearings may be over sized, creating a stacked tolerance and throwing your measurements off.

Remember: just because it's new doesn't make it good.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I posted a wtb add in the For Sale section for a B6 exhaust manifold, if anyone in this section has any info

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

Is this the manifold I'm looking for?
              image.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X