91 festiva won't run on its own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjaynes View Post
    I don't understand what to ground out...pictures would help. I have no manual and no experience
    Sorry I don't have a picture and I'm not using any of that wiring in my car as I went with the capri harness for my b6d swap.
    It's a t shaped black connector it's over by the break booster. Just get a paper clip and stick it from one side to the other. Then turn on key. Or just as easy. Pop the single spade wire off the starter to disable it and turn the key all the way as if your starting the car. The stater won't turn because of the wire you removed but it will trigger the pump for as long as the key is held in the start position

Comment

Originally posted by radi8u View Post
      The Inertia Switch is on the Driver's Side on my car....
      Sorry, meant Rear Left side.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Checked the switch, bypassed the relay, took off the line, still nothing. Gonna have to get it off the ground and take a look I guess. I will keep updating as I work on it. In other news I'm finally driving my '93
        Last edited by jjaynes; 09-06-2017, 04:39 PM.
        '93 Festiva L "Blue Beauty"
        '91 Festiva L (Red, parts car, future project)
        '90 Festiva L (Junker, Red)
        '98 Explorer XLT "Exploder"

Comment

Originally posted by jjaynes View Post
          Checked the switch, bypassed the relay, took off the line, still nothing. Gonna have to get it off the ground and take a look I guess. I will keep updating as I work on it. In other news I'm finally driving my '93
          Check for power and ground to the pump connector under the back seat power and ground there it is almost for sure a pump. Only seen 1 time when it wasn't
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
          X