Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Automatic Seatbelt stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    The motors are clear down near the bottom, if that's what you're talking about. Mine are blue.
    I have found the motor. The motor, gear box, and track all appear to be one unit and I'm not sure if they can be serviced. Would it be possible to use a junkyard part? I didn't take off the A-B pillar trim and try to remove the track. I stopped when I unbolted to motor because I don't want to get to far into something that can't be undone.
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

The entire motor/track is easy to remove as a unit, and that is the way I would replace it. The trim just pulls off. Be careful though, the plastic is pretty brittle.
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Thanks. I guess I'll have to find a junkyard car with autobelts.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

If you really want auto belts,
          here are brand new ones on the bay:
          LH & RH
          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-12-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks but that's way to expensive. This isn't for my car.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I think if Festys had had automatic seat belts up here they would have sold many fewer of them. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) is a lifesaver in harsh climates. How many people have I met over the years, from cold areas like Edmonton, Cold Lake, Hay River and Yellowknife, that are willing to pay extra not to have power windows or doors.

Comment

^ Really?!?!?! People pay extra not to have doors in Canada, lol, I understand whatcha meant power door locks
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

From my experience in Montana, power accessories do not like cold.
                  My Dodge Ram's power windows would freeze shut on cold days. It would take a few minutes with the heater running to get them to move. And a blew a few wiper fuses because of ice and snow.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                  X